|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Aligning the mission of the Federal Center of Excellence (CoE), to the Premier/Consulting service needs of our customers through centralization, delivery efficiency, accuracy, established expertise and consistency in experience. A BPM Manager will deliver high quality service(s), assist with defining as well as identifying continuous improvements of service definitions, workflow processes and appropriate onboarding and support/management of delivery specialists.
Delivery Execution & Operational Excellence
Drive and Manage Delivery Excellence & Operational Excellence for Microsoft Delivery personnel, by delivering services following defined work instructions with high quality and within the defined Service Level Agreement/Operating Level Agreement (SLA/KPIs) targets
Contribute to organizational efficiencies and consistent experiences for our Microsoft Delivery Community and customers
Identify opportunities to positively affect/impact business results and customer experiences
Delivery of following services (but not limited to):
- Consulting Only
- Assisting the Microsoft Delivery personnel in configuring and maintaining Campus sites for customer documentation
- Assisting the Microsoft Delivery personnel in submitting requests for internally funded customer engagements
- Assisting the Microsoft Delivery personnel in finalizing and submitting engagement and project maintenance requests
- Premier Only
- Assist the Microsoft Delivery personnel in identifying reactive customer cases that require their attention and action.
- Assist the Microsoft Delivery personnel by distributing and delivering Security-related and Proactive Emails to Premier customers.
- Contract & Deal Setup
- Assisting Microsoft Delivery and Sales personnel with end to end process of creating and managing contracts in our internal systems.
- Making sure the deal is set up correctly and submitted to pass the pre-validation criteria first time right.
- Work together with operations (Global Enterprise Services Operations) to make sure the deal flows thru the process in a timely manner, issues are solved and on-holds are prevented.
- When contract is ready for signature, facilitate the steps for customer signature.
- When signed, proceed with the required additional information and documentation so all is ready for agreement set up.
- Monitor deal set up in the systems (includes billing when Premier)
Assist Microsoft Delivery personnel in providing a world-class service to our main enterprise customers and partners.
- Provide quality delivery of Federal CoE items in line with catalog process descriptions and SLAs through attention to detail, ownership of issues and follow-through. Deliver on Federal CoE pilot services, per prescribed guidelines.
- Carry out regular quality reviews to ensure the processes are being followed and verify the quality of deliverables
- Ensure services are delivered to the agreed SLA’s. Where issues occur, log them and take action on them per defined processes
- Ramp quickly on changes to tools and processes to ensure there is business continuity, during change.
- Work with all stakeholder delivery leads and delivery managers to resolve escalations and to improve internal processes & policies
- Collaboration with Microsoft Delivery personnel to deliver consistent and predictable delivery of services in the catalog that contributes to high customer satisfaction
- Promote teamwork and collaboration through a positive attitude and effective communication. Participate in required meetings and other activities as required in order to support the Federal CoE.
- Promote cross-regional collaboration and support the global community, by sharing best practices and operational improvement opportunities to improve Federal CoE Services.
Business & Technology Insights
- Understand the goals of the Federal CoE and the Service(s) you provide
- Understand current business processes & tools which impact our service delivery and work with the necessary owners internally to resolve any issues, and fix processes.
- Identify issues that are systemic and report on key trends
- Provide feedback, recommendations and data that contributes to refinement of processes, and deliverables.
BPM Manager | Business Operations Associates
Federal CoE BPM Manager will manage and support the Federal CoE Deal and Contract Assist activities for our Business Operations Associates. Provide a world class customer support experience for all stakeholders. Identify proactive opportunities to reduce challenges and drive quality improvement. This role will manage Business Operations Associates (BPO) providing coverage, identifying internal failings and driving positive change.
Attract, Develop & Retain Talent
- Self-directed learner, capable of ramping up quickly and learning & leveraging current tools and processes, relative to your role
- Ability to follow instructions, review team process documentation and provide knowledgeable feedback. Attention to details
- Ability to identify a red flag or roadblocks in the processes. Report and address them in a proactive and timely manner
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships across functional groups. Ability to work independently, while in a team environment
- Organizational skills to be able to document and quickly reference information and knowledge provided by internal resources
- Proven prioritization skills to manage multiple requests and deliver in a timely manner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to enable you to articulate complex problems succinctly.
- Illustrate service delivery and customer impact though influence and a positive “can do” attitude.
- Proven problem solving skills and the ability to think critically; and use a logical approach to determine the best solution/innovative ideas in ambiguous situations where minimal information is provided.
- Contract & Deal Setup Only: confidence in handling and calculating financial information/strong at math.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 2+ years of management experience in a technical support, service delivery, and/or customer-oriented environment with a demonstrated ability to build/lead a team, including the ability to effectively influence without authority. Able to set goals and expectations
- Experience in an enterprise support and/or customer service environments with a strong understanding and knowledge of support, customer service delivery and/or the consulting industry and processes.
- Passion for and track record for delivering great customer experiences.
- Consistently practices and demonstrates strong organizational, communication, project management, negotiation, stakeholder management and problem solving skills.
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience desirable.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Passion and interest in enhancing the customer experience (customer obsession)
- Problem solver. Ability to apply judgement in high pressure situations with minimal external guidance
- Strong cross-group collaborator, building/extending relationships
- Excellent at multi-tasking & task prioritization with exceptional organizational skills & strong attention to detail
- Understanding of reactive case lifecycle and troubleshooting methodology
- Action oriented with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to resolution
- Positive, energetic, & enthusiastic attitude
- Familiarity with Microsoft products, programs, policies and services
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.