|Job Type:||Full Time|
Work has been fundamentally transformed as result of the shift to remote and hybrid work during the Covid-19 global pandemic. At a time of high uncertainty and unavoidable change, organizations large and small are looking for answers. Microsoft is in a unique position to speak with authority and credibility to help meet this need.
We’re looking for a remarkable storyteller to lead Microsoft’s Future of Work thought leadership initiative.
In this role, you will develop a compelling and optimistic vision and narrative for the future of work based on Microsoft’s extensive first-and-third-party research and insights.
You will help customers understand how work is changing and what is required for people to adapt and thrive in this new world.
This new vision for sustainable productivity and an “adaptive workforce” will provide a storytelling platform to shift perceptions with influencers, deepen our relationship with customers, and establish Microsoft’s leadership in workforce productivity.
You will develop a thought leadership plan, content, and influencer engagement program to support Microsoft’s productivity software and solutions business – including Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Teams – the fastest growing app in Microsoft history with more than 115 million people using it every day to connect and collaborate at work, school and life.
You will lead a team who will help bring our vision and narrative to life with a sustained drumbeat of storytelling across PR, web, social media, events, and videos to shift perceptions with key audiences.
This role requires proven marketing communications expertise, PR/AR or other communications experience, strategic thinking, business acumen, a passion for our customers, and outstanding leadership and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Research has shown that diverse teams produce the best outcomes, and in Modern Work product marketing, we take that learning to heart. We welcome diversity in all of its forms and work every day to create an inclusive culture.
- Own the Future of Work narrative, editorial calendar, and web site.
- Develop and own multi-year thought leadership plan and perception shift campaign and establish baseline success metrics.
- Develop content and drive multi-channel approach to build audience and followership with high impact storytelling and digital content (i.e., social media, newsletters, podcasts, video, events, etc.)
- Partner with key stakeholders across engineering and PMM to develop programmatic approach to “market our research” and make it consumable externally.
- Partner closely with Executive Communications lead on storytelling and editorial calendar across future of work web site and M365 blog, and on inclusion of storytelling in key company events.
- Partner with PR team on future of work earned moments and work trends reports.
- Develop and own influencer engagement plan across press, analysts, and other thought leaders in partnership with PR and Analyst Relations team.
- Partner with M365 Customer Evidence team to include customer voices in storytelling.
- Activate 3P partnerships/sponsorships to support thought leadership.
- Publish white papers and other research in partnership w/ key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement our go-to-market strategy. Leadership
- Lead a high performing team of four talented marketing communications experts.
- Attract, retain, and grow diverse talent while creating an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their full and authentic self, where all voices are heard, and where we do our best work as a result.
- Embody Microsoft’s leadership principles to create clarity, generate energy and deliver success.
- 8+ years of experience in Marketing Communications and/or PR crafting clear, compelling written communications and stories
- Strong messaging and positioning experience and writing skills; must have a love of the written word.
- Successful track record of clear, compelling written communications and crafting stories that change perceptions, build emotional connections, and achieve business results.
- A high-quality bar while driving hard for results.
- Strong collaborator with strong stakeholder management skills who enjoys working across teams.
- Creativity and a broad lens.
- Ability to go from idea to execution and bring others along.
- A passion for technology and the ability to translate complex ideas into simple, clear prose.
- Curiosity, self-awareness, and a desire to experiment and learn, using data as a success metric.
- A results-oriented, measurement mindset and a willingness to embrace Objectives & Key Results.
- Outstanding leadership and deep and unwavering commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.