|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you thrive in an incredibly fast paced environment working on problems that don’t have a defined solution, but require creativity and teaming to deliver meaningful business outcomes?Do you have experience in global-scaleinfrastructure delivering the hardware and services speedily in the location and resiliency scheme expected by public cloud customers?
Azure Global builds and manages the Azure cloud at global scale—central to building the world’s computer. We are passionately committed to building the world’s most trusted, secure, and global cloud, with a keen eye to the best customer experience. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate and shape the world’s computer, and we encourage you to apply and learn more!
The Azure Global Infrastructure Strategy & Development team is looking for a senior leader to deliver hands-on key elements of Azure’s Infrastructure Strategy and its practical implementation. This leadership role is part of a dynamic and high-impact team to drive business goals ofGlobal Expansion and Customer Promises of both the Public and Sovereign cloud offerings.
In this role, you will work closely with senior-level, deep-expertiseglobally-situatedpeers in Geo-Expansion, Data Center, Operations, and Buildout disciplines to plan, coordinate, and execute complex infrastructure-basedprojects. You will collaborate across multiple groups within and beyond Azure Global, such as Networking, Office 365, Cloud Operations + Innovation, Field/Sales, Supply Chain, and key customers.
The successful candidate will have a bias for action, curiosity for the ‘whys’, a proven ability to maintain an outcome-based viewpoint, and an ability to fail fast and learn.
- Directly shape the strategy for delivery of Azure capabilities and growth in all sectors and markets
- Drive the strategy, buildout plans, and blueprints for Azure infrastructureto the most demanding customer requirements, and shepherd solutions that produce increased business productivity
- Develop and deliver oversight mechanisms to improve efficiencies of Azure Global’s infrastructure design and deployment
- Drive accountability of Azure investments principles, while improving deployment efficiency and cost optimizations
- Oversee capacity planning and capacity management to meet future customer growth in cloud services
- 5+ years of experience with global-/hyper-scale infrastructure design and deployment, whether data center, hardware, operations, security, or network/connectivity
- 7+ years of technical Program Management or equivalent experience
- People management and client engagement experience
- Proven ability to analyze complex systems and drive solutions in collaboration with engineering teams
- Ability to bootstrap on a given process or technology to meet deployment schedules
- Great problem solving, strategic thinking and technical skills
- Self-driven, ability to work with minimal direction, and thrives in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with a metrics-driven mindset and the ability to experiment, learn, and improve
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Experience with mission assurance and survivability assessment processes for critical facilities
- 5+ years experience supporting 24x7, 365 day/year mission critical IT environments
- 3+ years of conducting systems- or facilities-centric assessments, inspections, or equivalent or other direct experience of compliance and audit processes for large-scale enterprises
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.