|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xbox is one of the world’s most valuable brands and enjoys millions of players and passionate fans. An important part of our plan is to grow our global player base and our multi-billion dollar a year Xbox console and accessories business.
At Xbox, we believe Gamer Happiness is at the core to our mission of empowering every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. Here in Gaming Data Services (GDS), we work with a breadth and depth of partners across Xbox. We are looking for an experienced program manager with a deep understanding of integrating A/B testing into the software development process to join our group and help us accelerate product development using experimentation.
This candidate will work with product teams to accelerate their growth, enable data-driven and customer obsessed design, and build great experiences for Gaming. In this role you will have the opportunity to shape the use and adoption of experimentation in the Xbox organization, building an end-to-end experimentation lifecycle and helping design the tools that will support A/B testing and data-driven product development at scale. You will guide your stakeholders in their decision-making and collaborate with user research to understand the customer experience.
- Promote and foster a culture of experimentation within Xbox
- Work with data scientists, engineering, user researchers and other program managers to formulate data-driven and scientifically rigorous answers to business problems and customer needs
- Build and maintain relationships with product stakeholders and enable them to build solutions with direct customer/business impact
- Work with PMs and engineers to develop an efficient standardized process for designing, running and tracking experiments
- Write feature specs for tools to support reliable experimentation services at scale
- Drive communication of experiment results across Xbox
- Proactively communicate issues and status to feature team and key stakeholders
- Contribute to a team culture that embraces diversity and inclusion
- A bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Economics or related discipline
- 4 + years of Program/Product Management experience for a software company
- 2+ years’ experience of software product cycle, either functioning as a program manager to drive features from initial planning, design, to implementation and release, or working as a software developer
- 2+ years of experience with A/B testing, experimentation and data analysis
- Strong communications skills, in particular written research results and effective presentations
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.