|Job Type:||Full Time|
Principal Program Manager Analyst, Developer Division
Are you a data detective at heart? We’re PMs who build apps, love data, and talk code—join us!
We’re looking for creative problem-solvers who can help us identify growth opportunities and unmet customer needs through data analysis and experimentation. It doesn’t matter what your previous job titles have been – we expect that you’re comfortable with data analysis, experimentation, partnering with internal teams to get things done, tackling ambiguous questions, and learning new skills.
You’ll need the humility to be okay with ideas and projects that don’t pan out, and be able to learn from them. You’ll have the support of your team and active sponsorship from our executive team.
Azure has become one of the most widely used and fastest growing cloud platforms today. We’re constantly striving to learn the needs of developers who use Azure, how they work and what frustrates them, and how we can help them be more productive. Delighting and retaining developers who use Azure with our tools and services is our core mission.
Here’s what you’ll do and learn to be successful in this role:
- You’ll need to understand what our customers and competitors are doing. We use a variety of quantitative and qualitative approaches – and welcome your input on other creative methods.
- You’ll help us make sense of the telemetry signals from our developer tools and services. Are there patterns of usage that lead to churn or retention, for example? Data synthesis and story telling are a core part of the role.
- You’ll design and execute controlled experiments to address the product problems we find. Not every idea works. You will help us understand when the data tells us we need to pivot or revisit our approach altogether.
- You’ll collaborate with many teams in Azure. You will help those teams understand how their tools and services contribute to the end-to-end Azure developer experience, and you will collaborate with them to test ideas for improving the developer workflow.
- You’ll be an active learner and problem-solver, eager to work alongside data scientists, engineers, and designers to get things done.
- You’ll be seeking meaning in the data, curious and comfortable exploring large data sets to find clues about growth opportunities and product insights.
We move quickly – yes, even at Microsoft! – so you’ll help us push beyond ‘but we’ve always done it that way’ and ‘is that allowed?’ to ensure we can get the insights we need to build the best products.
We work hard together through the work day, and we value having time for family or hobbies in the evenings.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Science
- 4+ years program management or product management experience
- 2+ years of experience working in product analytics or data science
- 2 years of experience in SQL and data analysis tools (Python, R, etc.)
- Experience running controlled experiments
- Industry experience working on cross-team projects
- Experience defining and measuring adoption funnels
- Obsess over customer experience
- Make recommendations based on data
- Value diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.