|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft has an exciting opportunity for a Service Engineer to join the Azure Core Storage team.
Azure Storage is one of the core services of our cloud service providing disk storage for customer computing and virtual machine workloads, online blob and queue storage, high performance, high volume data analytics storage, online backup, and cloud based SMB file storage.
Microsoft Azure Storage is a massively scalable, highly distributed, ubiquitously accessible storage system, designed to scale out and serve the entire world. We continue to have tremendous hockey stick growth, we have many Exabyte’s of data stored, and are designing and building systems for Zettabyte scale to support demand growth for the coming years.
- Support the build out of new Azure Storage clusters and regions
- Collaborate closely with the development engineering teams to ensure the availability and performance of Azure Storage services
- Diagnose and troubleshoot Azure Storage related issues escalated by service desk teams or routed via the incident management system
- Participate alongside the engineering team in periodic on-call duties
- Write Infrastructure as Code (CI/CD pipelines, ARM templates , Azure policies, Scripts/Runbooks/Tools) to Manage/Operate end-to-end lifecycle operations in production Azure Storage environments.
- Design/Create, develop, own and maintain operational procedures for onboarding, managing Azure Storage environments
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years deploying, operating, and managing system workloads, preferably in Azure, AWS, or equivalent cloud platform
- 3+ years experience developing, troubleshooting, and improving Powershell scripts or equivalent to automate system administration and deployment tasks
- Programming experience with C#, C/C++, or Java a plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience in troubleshooting and driving technical investigations
- Solid communication and cross-discipline collaboration skills
- Strong customer focus and confident in making critical decisions independently in a fast paced and demanding environment
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.