|Job Type:||Full Time|
What if your job description were simply, make tomorrow better? That is the essence of roles within our Microsoft Sports Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what has come before to create what is next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe. Since Bing launched in June of 2009, the search world has changed for the better. We are helping people break free from search overload and enabling them to make decisions with Bing’s powerful, friendly tools. We are attracting new users and changing how people think about Microsoft and Search. We have a long road ahead and we need your help! Bing is the beating heart of the Microsoft AI.
- Build Machine Learning/Natural Language Models to derive intelligence from MSN, Bing, Web data etc. for sports fans across the globe. Analyze and take decisions based on complex and ambiguous (big) data points.
- Developing components across the full stack of Bing &MSN from data ingestion, data modeling all the way to triggering methods.
- Work closely with our PM, design and privacy teams to define feature specifications and build the next generation of products.
Key to our continued success in this hypercompetitive space is taking enormous volumes of data and turning them into useful, actionable information to drive increased user engagement through great Bing features and improvements. We are talking petabytes of data about how searches succeed, how they fail, and how we can improve Bing and its partners. You will engage very closely with other key partner teams that are dependent on our platform and experiences, to drive end-to-end scenario helping our user growth. This position offers great career-growth potential as well as the impact and visibility across the entire Bing organization. Being at the very core of Bing engineering, it also offers great exposure to the latest software and hardware technology trends in the search industry.
A successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- BS/MS degree in CS, EE or equivalent is required.
- 3+ years experience in designing, developing, and shipping software.
- 3+ years of coding abilities in C#, Java, R or Python
- 2+ years of experience with NLP & deep learning frameworks and methods.
- Being able to tackle vaguely formulated problems while understanding the underlying business notion.
- Balance between individual work and teamwork, Ability to quickly understand and pick-up new technologies & applications.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong design skills around the user experience with the eye for design aesthetics and attention to detail
- 2+ years of experience with at least one scripting language such as React, PHP or Python
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.