|Location:||Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Do you possess strong leadership, communications and has a passion for technology? Microsoft is seeking a Director with a deep interest in cutting-edge technology to join our Digital Sales team as the Technology & Sales Capability Director. Our Digital Sales organization is at the forefront of digital selling leveraging modern sales technology, big data and analytics to drive impactful and targeted sales coverage. Critical to the success of Digital Sales is our ability to scale leveraging cutting-edge technology and use of digital capabilities. This is a mission-critical role with substantial scope, complexity, executive visibility, has a large opportunity for impact and is central to our growth strategy.
- Lead a team of Capability Program Managers to drive technology discussions and deliver digital capabilities for the Digital Sales team.
- Partner with local/regional sales leadership to understand business priorities and how digital capabilities will support the priorities.
- Translating business needs to a capability roadmap and working with business stakeholders to define and prioritize business requirements.
- Leverage data & analytics to understand financial impact & ROI of each capability.
- Provide strategic thought leadership for the future needs of digital sales capabilities.
- Leverage technology & AI to drive productivity improvements and automation. Drive use of automation tools and technologies within entire implementation process.
- Collaborate with project teams to propose innovative technology solutions and drive the design execution from concept to completion.
- Partner with Microsoft Product teams to have Digital Sales be Customer Zero for new sales solution.
- Evolving and fortifying our systems and processes in an ever-growing complex environment.
- Partnering closely with our many stakeholder teams: Core Services Engineering, Global Demand Center, Marketing & Operations, Strategy & Program, Product Team etc.
- As a manager, you will be expected to foster a culture that embodies “Model, Coach and Care”, with deliberate focus on Diversity and Inclusion.
- Recruit, develop and retain a high performing team by creating a culture of inclusion and learning.
- Lead a diverse team and develop career developments plans to accelerate the team’s growth & contribution. Scale people impact by driving clarity, generating energy, and delivering success through others.
- Drive strong cross-team collaboration with key stakeholders within Microsoft.
- 10+years of experience in technology sales/marketing management and systems infrastructure.
- BS/BA or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience with proven track record of managing successful teams.
- Familiarity with modern sales techniques and digital selling tools preferred.
- Deep understanding of sales process and marketing/sales hand-offs.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to interface at all management levels and influence strategy decisions, as well as mobilizes and influences diverse functions and partners.
- Works well in a diverse team and enjoys a dynamic and changing environment.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for technology.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.