|Job Type:||Full Time|
Interested in shaping the future of workplacecommunicationandcollaboration? Comejoin us!Microsoft Teams isthe fastest growingbusiness application in Microsoft’s history.As the foundation for teamwork and intelligent communications, Teams is a highly extensible hub and conversational canvas for first, third-party and custom line-of-business app integrations.Our team’s charter is toimprove monetization of the Teams marketplace tohelp our ecosystem grow their businesses onTeams.Our culture is inclusive, customer-obsessed, anddata-driven; our product managers come from diversebackgrounds andare passionateaboutdelivering customerimpact.
We are looking for anentrepreneurialand technical Principal Product/ProgramManager to drive our productand programroadmapsformonetizationof the Teams platform.You will have the opportunity toown and drivethe visionandstrategyforfeaturesandplatform capabilitiestohelp developersgrow and scaletheir businesses on Teams.This role has responsibilityto look left to rightalong with thebusiness modelsnecessarytoincreaseTeamsrevenuevia its marketplaceand related investments.You will engage with customers and partners to understand their requirements andinvent on their behalf todelivercustomer delight and business value.
The ideal candidate for this role is comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of building newfeatures,hasa strong technical mindset to work both with internal development teams and with external developers,is data driven withexcellentanalytical skills, and hasstrongwritten and verbalcommunication skills to coordinate efforts across a large group of stakeholders.
- Own product strategy,visionand executionfor Teams monetization; ensure that it delivers the expected value to the customer and business objectives to Microsoft
- Independently drive cross-organization alignment and execution to improve end-to-end platform monetization effectiveness and accelerate revenue growthfor Microsoft Teams and its ecosystem
- Envisionanddesign experiences thatwilldelight customers; drive authoringandalignment onbusiness requirements, functionalspecifications,and user stories.
- Create conceptual models for new products and the future product direction that incorporate market, technology, and business trends.
- Lead a team of program managers, managingprioritization and trade-offsbetweencustomer experience, performance, and operational support loadfor monetization team.
- Work closely with engineering teams to deliver products to market.
- Run and manage project delivery rhythm in an agile environment; managedeliverables,schedules and unblock issues. Communicate identified risks in advance and drive mitigation plans.
- 10+ years ofexperience inproductor programmanagementdelivering end-user or developer facing products andservices; proven track record in growing product and/or marketplace monetization
- Demonstratedleadershipexperience across the entire product lifecycle– from userresearchand competitiveanalysis,toideation, specification,architecture,andlaunch.
- Excellentproject management, dependency management and cross-group collaboration skills with a track record of managing complex projects with many partners in an agile environment.
- Excellent business acumen, with the ability to think strategically and ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems with a structured and methodical approach.
- Stronganalytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions,recommendations,and drive actions.
- Strongcustomer empathywithexperience in user-centered design; demonstrated success in creating innovative and user-friendly software applications and customer-facing features.
- Technical fluencywithsolid understanding of web and mobile technologies;ability to understand and discuss architectural concepts, tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Excellentwritten and verbal communication and presentation skills across multiple levels of the organization and to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience leading and motivating high-performance teams;proven ability to manage multiple, competing prioritiesfor teamsimultaneously.
- Bachelor’s degree inComputer Science, Electrical Engineering, Business,Economics,or equivalent fieldrequired.
- Master’s degreein computer science,engineering,business,economicsor equivalent field.
- 5+ years of experience working on internet scale B2B SaaS orUCaaSproducts in a high growth environment.
- 5+ years working on marketplace/store products
- 5+ yearsengaging directly with developers, independent software vendors and/or other ecosystem partners to build and successfully launch monetized products.
- Innate curiosity and ability to thrive in an ambiguous and rapidly changing startup environment. Self-starters and innovators with a positive, collaborative can-do attitude, growth mindset and bias for action are very welcome.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.