|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. What if your job description were simply “Make tomorrow better”? Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. What about you? Are you passionate about working on a product used by millions of people daily? Would you find it personally rewarding to be in the business of keeping your users informed and being part of building compelling products that will empower people and organizations to achieve more? Does working on a dynamic and flexible environment, surrounded by amazingly competent and passionate engineers appeal to you? Do you like to take lead and put your creative juices to work to identify the next big idea? If so, we’re looking for you!
We value people who can bring a diverse perspective to our product and where a developer will not just write code, but will have a real meaningful impact on the direction of the product and which features to build. We are building a team where diversity of thought and background is valued as strongly as technical skills, and where everyone is encouraged to come up with new ideas to make our customers’ lives better.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to help us deliver highly scalable services and world-class product experiences. You will have opportunities to work on multiple layers of the technology stack, ranging from customer-focused user experience work, building scalable distributed cloud services, working with big data, machine learning, and everything in between. You will learn how to design services and experiences that are required to work around the globe. You will collaborate with team members and other engineering groups in Microsoft to build full stack web applications and services using the latest web technologies in a dynamic and agile environment. You will be part of a fun-loving, diverse team that seeks challenges, loves learning and values teamwork. You will have opportunities for mentorship, career growth, and work on high-business impact areas.
- Design and develop distributed software services and solutions that are engineered for scale, availability, high performance, and high reliability.
- Own and deliver complete features including design, architecture, implementation, testability, debugging, and shipping.
- Build responsive web experiences across multiple devices and browsers.
- Gain a working understanding of Microsoft businesses while collaborating with businesses and leaders to contribute to cohesive, end-to-end experiences for our users.
- Demonstrate analytical thinking, strong problem-solving skills, out-of-the-box thinking, and a real drive for results.
- Contribute to our new cloud-based architecture leveraging technologies such as Apache Spark with Scala, Azure Event Hubs, SQL Azure, HD Insight, and Hadoop.
- Stay educated on existing, emerging technologies and evaluate if technologies fit our customers’ needs
- Drive a LiveSite culture within the organization to ensure services are functional, providing a positive user experience.
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization for an invitation-only virtual Interview Day on February 17th.Position specifics, including hiring team, location, and position details will be determined following the interview process.
- A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 8+ years’ minimum experience in Software Development or Software Engineering
- 6 years’ minimum experience in development and design working on high availability systems
- 2 years’ minimum in a Lead, manager role or mentoring junior engineers
- Ability to code and collaborate effectively with a wide spectrum of people in business and technical domains
- Experience with reporting frameworks, relational or NoSQL database experience, and test automation
- Experience with direct, remote, and virtual teams
- Experience in supportability of a DevOps environment
- Experience or familiarity with Microsoft Technologies
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.