|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious and do you lean into uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to do more and achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of innovation at Microsoft?
The Technical Specialist - Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations is an accomplished pre-sales leader skilled at communicating and demonstrating the value of the proposed solution to our customers. In this role you will be the solution lead within the enterprise sales organization working with Microsoft’s most important customers. You will work closely with customers to learn about their challenges and desired outcomes and through those conversations also discover their unarticulated needs. You will be accountable for leading and collaborating with members of the deal team to craft and deliver the Microsoft solution vision that will drive value for our customers.
The reinvention of business processes represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Microsoft Business Applications is to help our customers digitally transform their business to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
The Technical Specialist - Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations is an accomplished solution seller with a proven track record of discovering customers articulated and unarticulated needs, selling the value of the proposed solution and driving business outcomes for our customers. The Technical Specialist collaborates with the deal team to define the solution strategy that highlights our differentiation to empower every organization to achieve their desired business outcomes; effectively demonstrates and proves the capabilities of Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations solutions by articulating relevant and compelling business case examples built on value-based messaging.
- Develop the solution strategy that will support the customer’s digital transformation.
- Lead solution presentations, demonstrations, workshops, proof of concepts to prove to our customers the capabilities of Microsoft's solutions and services, and how we can empower them to achieve their business outcomes. Exemplify presentation excellence for both virtual and onsite deliveries.
- Specialization in D365 Financials or equivalent Tier 1 ERP is required. Experience with one or more of the following solution areas is beneficial: Human Resources, Project Operations and Supply Chain Management.
- Feedback sales, technical, competitive, security blockers to accelerate Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations sales and customer usage. Shape current and future products, marketing strategies, and customer centricity ideas through your feedback. Remove solution sales blockers.
- Win the solution decision at customers for Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations opportunities and usage scenarios, through tailoring your message to different audiences and stakeholders, bringing ideas, challenging our customers, engaging with them to highlight our differentiation, and guide them in decision making.
- Orchestrate and lead the solution team which includes internal teams and our partners to build and showcase a differentiated solution that focuses on the value the solution.
- Continually learn and maintain your technical, sales, professional skills and competitive readiness. Remain current on the latest technology and trends for your area of expertise.
- Actively participate in the pre-sales community; share best practices, support peers and leverage the efforts of others to broaden your impact and empower others.
- Lead and/or coordinate cloud security, privacy, and compliance discussions that address our customers’ compliance and regulatory needs.
Requirements (Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required):
5+ years of experience:
- Successfully working with customers in pre-sales or consulting engagements related to ERP solutions or similar business applications.
- Driving and leading a solution strategy, as part of the overall opportunity lifecycle, that enables customers to successfully achieve business outcomes.
- Validated experience in a consultative selling approach, including bringing innovative ideas to customer problems and being customer focused.
- Able to challenge the customers’ status quo by leveraging Microsoft’s broad portfolio of solutions and relating back to customer value.
- Orchestrator and active participant of the team tasked with crafting the solution that may align not only to Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations but also to other Microsoft solutions and services.
Deep understanding of:
- Business solutions, specifically ERP applications including Financials, Human Resources, Project Operations and/or Supply Chain Management and how these solutions help our customers achieve their desired business outcomes.
- Commercial cloud offerings, ideally Microsoft’s cloud platform as well as competitive knowledge of other ERP solutions and related ecosystems.
- Customer facing business processes in one or more industries such as Professional Services, Manufacturing, Distribution, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Utilities, Retail & Consumer Goods, Healthcare, Public Sector and Media & Communications.
- Business value selling methodologies and practices that successfully convey the value and outcomes the proposed solution will deliver.
- How to uncover customer’s stated and unstated needs and how technology can be leveraged to solve business problems.
- The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers in cloud or hybrid scenarios.
- Customer-centric mindset with demonstrated passion for delivering customer value.
- Experienced problem solver and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to skillfully communicate, demonstrate and prove the value of Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations and related solutions.
- Master discoverer who is able to learn the most important customer challenges and needs; and also uncover those problems that are unspoken, and ultimately establish a proposed solution that will enable them to achieve their goals.
- Excel at owning and coordinating team resources to successfully build and deliver a compelling and differentiated solution demonstration.
- Proven collaborator especially capable of influencing internal teams such as sales, engineering, marketing and external teams, our customers and partners.
- Excellent presentation and communications skills across various customer stakeholders; experienced storyteller.
- Adept at challenging perspectives and differentiating from the competition by reframing value and exemplifying customer obsession.
- Embracing of a growth mindset, insatiably curious, always learning and welcoming of challenges for the opportunity to grow.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.