|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer: All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers’ expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services.
Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
We are looking for a self-starter that can help our customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. The ideal candidate will have advanced experience in the Active Directory, Azure AD and datacenter consolidations with a minimum of 3 years’ experience. They will need to have a passion for the customer, which is demonstrated through experience and professionalism. The role requires an individual, who can thrive in ambiguity, is self-motivated, resourceful, confident under pressure, and has demonstrated skilled expectation management. The ability to pivot mid workstream as well as juggle multiple offerings across multiple customers will be a must have skill. We are a team of extraordinary people who deliver Identity and Cloud Migration services. The candidate will work with other teams across the organization to gain an in-depth understanding of system architectures and cloud system configurations.
- Ramp onto technology offerings and solutions by following training plans and team cross-training to execute on delivery.
- Collaborate with team members on projects, leveraging technical skills and communications that align to client culture and business rhythm.
- Ability to work with independent assignments or in a team depending on the needs of the customer project.
- Knowledge of firewall (packet filtering, application level gateway, next generation) configurations within a cloud environment
- Knowledge of server migration tools such as Azure Migrate
- Awareness of Operating System upgrade solutions such as RiverMeadow
- Knowledge of migration assessment tools such as Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced technical staff members and customers
- Develop and/or support the successful development of Cloud Infrastructure processes and procedures
- Experience with directory services, identity systems, and/or public key infrastructure
- Technical experience designing solutions that identify and resolve platform, system, deployment, and environmental issues.
- A solid understanding of application security principles such as AuthN, AuthZ, certificates, etc.
- Experience with cloud network technologies and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of protocols, communications systems, and architectures
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience with designing, documenting, and implementing Active Directory for customer environments, including consolidation and migrations.
- Experience planning and implementing an Organizational Unit (OU) structure, as well as corresponding Group Policy configuration.
- Experience with ADFS and other Federation technologies.
- Understanding of Virtualization concepts and virtual system administration
- Familiarity with one, or more, shell environments (BASH, sh, tcsh, ksh, etc.)
- Familiarity with server discovery and assessment tools supporting cloud migrations
- Familiarity with DHCP, VIPs, NAT, DNS
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Experience on Windows Server, Windows Client, Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory Administration, ADFS, SSO configuration, Azure Identity protection, Identity management, O365 identity, Azure MFA and Synchronization of entities between On-Premise and Cloud Directories.
- 3+ years of experience supporting enterprise IT environments
- Technical familiarity with implementing and supporting Cloud Technologies
- Experience implementing and supporting Windows Server 2008 and higher
- Experience implementing and supporting Linux systems
Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- OpenID Connect
- Claims and Claims language
- Conditional Access
- Application Proxy
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.