|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.”
– Arthur C. Clarke
The emergence of cloud computing has fundamentally changed every aspect of the way we work and live our lives, and the Azure Compute Orchestration team is responsible for providing some of the most cutting-edge Cloud-Native services to our partners in our Air Gapped Clouds. With positions in App Service, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Resource Graph, Azure Resource Manager, Functions, Logic Apps, and Management Groups, we provide solutions for modern, scalable, highly-available, and repeatable deployments of IaaS, PaaS, and Serverless applications to enable our customers to operate at the absolute forefront of the industry.
We are looking for driven engineers who love to run headlong into new challenges and come out better than they were before. Every day we operate one of the most complex and interconnected distributed systems on the planet, and we have a critical mission to make it the most secure, the most powerful, and the most intuitive cloud computing experience for our customers. Come join a fast-paced and collaborative team that loves to help each other grow.
On this team, we tackle some of the toughest and most interesting challenges on the edge of secure cloud computing such as:
- Adapting industry-leading software to operate in highly secure environments
- Developing software, tools, and infrastructure to meet unique needs
- Deploying and operating fundamental Azure services
- Automating and improving processes to increase availability and decrease overhead
- Contributing and exercising business continuity and disaster recovery plans and procedures
- This role includes an on-call support rotation component
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
A successful candidate will have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience)
- 2+ years of software development or DevOps experience using C#, Java, C++, or C
- Demonstrated problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Strong understanding of networking, TCP/IP, HTTP, TLS, and certificates
- Drive for learning new skills and technologies through fresh challenges
- Strong background in automation and scripting of management tasks with bash, python, powershell, etc
- Experience with globally distributed systems and/or microservice architectures including familiarity with tracing and telemetry
- Comfort with Linux, docker, containerd, and/or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with commercial cloud operations, ARM templates, and Active directory is also highly valued
- Good written and oral communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.