|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be a part of one of the fastest growing and most strategic areas of Microsoft’s business?
Cybersecurity is top of mindfor consumers, schools, corporations, and governments everywhere.At Microsoft, we know and embrace that we have an important role in making the world a safer place.
To help the company navigatethis high-growth area, we’relooking for a motivated, creative leader to join our team and head communications forthe company’s security efforts.
This management position will join a team looking after communications for Microsoft’s Modern Work,Security, Compliance & Identity, and Education solution areas.
We’re a tight-knitgroup with a growth-mindset. We like to have fun,and we value collaboration and diverse perspectives. We also aspire to do epic work throughhigh-profilecampaignsand breakthrough communicationsstrategies.
In this role,you will have the opportunity to work with some of the foremost experts in the industry from researchers to innovators to cyberdefenders.You will lead a cross-company team spanning all aspects of product security and privacy. In addition, you will be supported by a team of dedicated professionals who lead integrated PR campaigns for security, compliance and identity, including efforts around Zero Trust storytelling, threat protection and risk management awareness.
Microsoft’s mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more, and we’re dedicated to this mission across every aspect of our company. On the Microsoft Communications team, you’ll join a group of professionals focused on telling the stories that help people fall in love with Microsoft, the things we make and the impact we have in the world.
This is an exciting opportunity for a communications professional who wants to make an impact on apriority area where Microsoft is leading and innovating.
- Lead an amazing team of PR professionals and deliver a winning communication strategiesfor security thought leadershipacross cloud security, threat protection, compliance, identity and IT management.
- Be a trusted communications advisor to senior security and privacy leaders at the company, counseling on communication strategies and creative storytelling that demonstrate Microsoft’s leadership in security.
- Develop breakthrough, global PR programs to deliver high-impact results.
- Create, edit and approve content, including blog posts, on a variety of topics that inspire meaningful conversations around security and privacy.
- Deeply engage with industry and business media to tell breakthrough stories.
- Identify strategic and new non-traditional influencers for security storytelling.
- A big, strategic thinker who is skilled at looking across the business, connecting dots, seeing the bigger picture, andarticulating customer benefitand value.
- A great storyteller who has the ability to distill technical content and make it relatable to the masses.
- A convener and great collaborator who can build relationships andalign people and teams towards a common goal.
- A strong manager of people, with at least 2 years of management experience, who can generate energy, create clarity and foster a positive team culture.
- A team player who understands cybersecurity, privacy, or compliance, with at least 2+ years' experience in the industry.
- An excellent communicator with strong writing skills.
- A team leaderwho prioritizes impact over activity and can serveas a trusted advisor to senior leaders.
- A self-starter with can-do attitude.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience in public relations, marketing or journalism.
- Proven track record leading results-oriented communications effortsthat arecustomer-centric and innovative.
*Please note: this position is preferred to be located Redmond, WA. However, location is open with the expectation that this role will be in a Microsoft office as needed.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.