Last updated 6 days ago
|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
As a Business Value Manager, you will work to identify, define, quantify, and deliver business value to customers acquiring and implementing Okta solutions. You will develop and present compelling value propositions, proposals, and business cases, and then track post-sales benefit realization in support of Okta’s largest customers and opportunities. Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support sales engagements through initial business value proposition creation, process and capability assessments, and financial projections for CFO-Ready Business case presentations.
- Draw insights for customers using public source.
- Lead sales, pre-sales, post-sales and other ecosystem members in order to discover, document, and present the business value of our solution in our largest opportunities.
- Build and present customized presentations to C-level audiences (CIO, CFO, or board level) who are considering strategic transformational investments in Okta products and services.
- Be the “go-to person” for sales management in your supported territory for value related activities.
- Coordinate with sales management, marketing, and other pre-sales functions to grow the amount of value related activity in your region.
- Defining new Business Value deliverables/ processes + support standard tools/templates.
- Build out standard value cases and calculations for new capabilities.
- Develop and deliver training material used to enable sales teams and the broader ecosystem.
- Ability to develop and deliver detailed presentations to customers on current/future state of processes and solutions in scope.
- Excellent consulting skill-set, including discovery, analysis, quantitative modeling, listening, communication, presentation, persuasion and project leadership skills.
- Comfortable navigating through investor presentations, press releases, earnings transcripts and financial documents (10K & 10Q); familiarity with industry-specific publications a plus.
- Understanding of software deal dynamics and ability to think strategically about driving software opportunities forward.
- “Get it done” mentality - willingness to roll up the sleeves in a fast-paced, highly varied environment.
- Drive and motivation to take on additional responsibilities over time.
- Ability to work independently and creatively.
- Willingness to travel to customer sites; average of 30% travel; typically “day trips;” you control personal travel schedule.
- Working knowledge of how IT functions, particularly in the areas of Operations, IT Service.
- Management, Infrastructure and Application provisioning and management.
- Experience performing high-level briefings and presentations to senior executives and C-suite customers as required.
- Proficient in building financial models (ROI & TCO) for executives.
- Comfortable building customized PowerPoint slides.
- Bachelors Degree in a financial or technical field OR equivalent work experience, advanced degrees a plus.