|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Microsoft Silicon team is transforming the ways people communicate, create, and collaborate through the devices and components we develop. We’re a growing team of engineers on a mission to develop revolutionary designs and ship first-to-market products. Azure, XBOX, Surface and Hololens incorporate our internally developed silicon components. Our team is creative and resourceful; we value growth and learning. We want to amplify your abilities so you can do your best work. Join us, and together we’ll turn groundbreaking hardware designs into reality!
The position will have responsibility for product engineering, with a focus on post silicon performance optimization via correlations across platforms, characterization, tuning and data analysis.
The position requires someone with experience in semiconductor IC development, specifically in ATE, bench, platform correlations. The position also entails generating and leveraging correlation, characterization and performance data, to develop per part voltage setting methodologies in order to optimize in-system power and quality. Candidate should have strong leadership skills to manage external vendors in a lab environment and interface closely with product, test, design engineers, and drive sub-project as part of larger development programs.
Candidate should have excellent knowledge of IC characterization and validation, with ATE test development and characterization experience being an asset. Data analysis, report generation is an asset; Test case/bench mark selection, execution is an asset; It is beneficial to have understanding of IC design and IC verification.
The candidate would benefit from background in various product market area such as high performance compute, AI, GPUs, telecom.
Additional Qualifications/Required experience and skills:
- 5+ years of experience in product validation, characterization, optimization.
- Experience in Developing ICs (pre-silicon, first silicon bring-up, new product introduction)
- Experience with system level test cases (SLT) definition/generation/selection/execution and data analysis.
- Experience with performance (ie. power management features, mode optimization) tuning
- Experience with per-part definitions for voltage and frequency run in manufacturing test.
- Experience in pre-silicon requirements definition to support post silicon performance optimization, including in supporting optimized voltage setting in mfg, would be an asset;
- Good software skills, especially in scripting languages
- Experience in AI, machine learning, digital neural networks would be an asset;
- Experience in data collection automation would be an asset;
- Probability and statistics background including DOE’s would be an asset.
- Strong presentation and communication skills
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.