|Job Type:||Full Time|
What is Yammer?
Yammer is THE social network for the workplace - used by millions of employees every day to build community and culture, share knowledge, and connect with their leaders and each other.
Yammer was one of the first startup unicorns this past decade and we were acquired by Microsoft in 2012. A lot of what makes working at Yammer special is the unique blend of being a “startup” within a top-tier tech company.
Working at Yammer has many of the upsides of working at a startup, such as autonomy and the freedom to innovate - without the downsides (drama and instability).
- We are a growing product with the autonomy to determine our own direction. We make these decisions together, as a team.
- We get to make our own technology decisions and pick the best of open source and internal technology. We run Linux on Azure, use MacBooks for development, Snowflake for analytics, etc.
- We accomplish a lot with a smaller team, which means individuals get to explore multiple roles and tasks and will have outsized impact broadly!
At the same time, we also have the benefits of working at a top tech company like Microsoft:
- Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits
- Vast internal resources, technology and opportunities for growth
- Working with and for a reputable brand and networking across the expansive UX community across
About this job
On the Yammer UX team, our goal is to help organizations and people around the planet achieve more. Our team is a highly collaborative group of designers and researchers who value creativity, open idea sharing, and having fun while we work. Most of all, we’re motivated by our millions of users.
In this role, you will work with other designers, researchers, data scientists, product and engineering leadership to create forward thinking design strategy and user scenario driven features to help org meet business goals. You will identify user centered design patterns, establish scenarios, place designs into user context, create interactions that align to those requirements and articulate thinking using a variety of mediums from information diagrams, wireframe flows to detailed prototypes.
- Guide and execute strategic design deliverables for multiple feature areas across suite of products.
- Help solve complex design problems in simple and intuitive ways, blending brand personality, interactions and visuals to create delightful experiences.
- Represent Yammer design to partner product and engineering teams across Microsoft.
- Work closely and constructively with product and engineering to ensure overall business strategy is on track and smooth delivery of designs.
- Advocate for design in context of business and user goals.
Behaviors/Qualities we’re seeking:
- Obsess over the customer and their needs.
- You can handle complex design problems and have a demonstrated ability to create sophisticated and elegant solutions.
- You have outstanding communication/presentation skills to tell your design stories to fellow designers, engineers, and product mangers.
- Self-motivated and driven to get the details right.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple features
- Strong aesthetic intuition
- 5+ years’ experience in interactive design, information architecture, and visual design.
- Solid IA and visual design skills alongside familiarity with major research practices.
- History of impacting shipping products with your work.
- Design or HCI degree, or comparable work experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.