|Job Type:||Full Time|
Empower every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. That is what inspires us, drives our work, and pushes us to challenge the status quo every day. Embracing our cloud-first strategy, we deliver solutions that are optimized for the world and enable customers to drive their business more successfully. Margin Strategy and Investment Optimization (MSIO) Finance is an exciting and fast-evolving finance team at the forefront of Microsoft’s cloud-first strategy. We are looking for a talented and motivated individual to help shape the future of our cloud products.
The team’s charter is to build-out Microsoft’s end-to-end cloud infrastructure while driving down unit cost of capacity, ensuring cloud services achieve both profit and gross margin growth. As a crucial member of the team you will support long term bets and drive competitive intelligence to keep Microsoft Cloud ahead of competition, while enhancing transparency into cloud infrastructure investments, and safeguarding shareholder value.
The Windows and Cloud Platforms (WCP) MSIO Finance team is responsible for margin strategy and investment optimization for Windows and Commercial Licensing, Microsoft Commerce, Azure Ecosystems, Identity, and Xbox Live Gaming.
The WCP Business Health Group Manager is a critical part of this team, ensuring the business achieves its gross margin targets by proactively managing Windows and Cloud Platform COGS. This includes financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, and driving margin accountability.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who has curiosity to learn about Microsoft’s Windows and Cloud businesses. This individual will need to foster strong partnerships, drive continuous process improvements, and deliver business insight. This individual will be responsible for the Windows and Commercial Volume Licensing P&Ls, and the margin impact of Cloud Platforms. This includes understanding revenue and cost drivers, COGS forecast accuracy, and management of risks and opportunities towards meeting financial performance goals.
This role is a great opportunity to:
- Manage a high-performing team, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion and growth mindset
- Lead the finance (ROB) for close, forecasting, target setting and budgeting in alignment with MSIO finance and corporate timelines, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Drive insightful financial reporting and analysis to continuously evolve GM insights garnered through financial results and KPIs, with the goal of influencing and impacting the business in a positive manner and crisp story telling.
- Partner with various finance teams, and key engineering partners to drive transparency in performance results, forecast, and long-range plans.
- Develop data-driven frameworks to inform investment decisions, measure progress against efficiency commitments, and drive accountability with business partners
- Bachelor's degree in related field and 8+ years of relevant experience in finance, planning or analysis
- 2+ years functional leadership of a team or experience as a lead required
- Strong partnering capabilities, collaborative and inclusive when working with others
- Proven Excel skills and strong ability to manage complex financial models and driver-based cost analysis
- Excellent writing and verbal skills to synthesize and communicate business insight on trends, risks, and opportunities
- Comfortable handling ambiguity and uncertainty in a business that evolves at fast pace
- Able to manage multiple work streams and prioritize as needed
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.