|Job Type:||Full Time|
Would you like the opportunity to work on OS platform which powers Azure? You will be part of Microsoft Core OS team in Azure Edge + Platform org. Our team is responsible to release, deploy and maintain Host Operating Systems on Microsoft Azure public and national clouds. We are looking for solid engineers with the passion to research new areas, write optimal code, enhance coding standards and ship fast. We follow short, frequent release cycles with room for innovation in multiple areas. As a team, we welcome smart, motivated engineers, with a positive attitude and growth mindset, ready to translate ambiguity into concrete deliverables that move the needle for the customer.
- Design and Develop secure, testable and maintainable code
- Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Embrace agile engineering practices and dev-ops culture with Live Site focus. End to End engineering (from architecture to Livesite) accountability for the services
- Carry out quick proofs of concepts
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
- Develop end to end telemetry pipeline and live site monitors and alerts
- Leverage data and telemetry to make decisions and drive feedback into systems design and implementation
- Coach and mentor the junior engineers in the team
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering or a related field
- 4+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of experience on cloud technologies
- 3+ years of experience writing code in C/C++/Rust
- 3+ years of experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: C#, Java, or Python
- Solid design, development, and testing skills
- A strong problem solver. We expect you to own scenarios end-to-end across multiple components
- Be comfortable moving up / down the stack and writing code in both managed and native languages
- Exposure to live site engineering
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.