|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Experience Collective, we believe in the power of a federated community to create and deliver holistic customer experiences and drive business impact at scale. A community that is made up of diverse styles, voices and views reflecting the diversity of our customers, and giving us the empathy to serve their needs. Nurturing and continuously evolving this culture is our shared responsibility; we create better products together. We believe designing in the open empowers us all to move fast and build experiences without seams.
We share, we jam, we collaborate. We re-use rather than reinvent. We contribute to each other’s work to make it better. We work in small, cross-app, interdisciplinary teams to ensure we build experiences that are inclusive, efﬁcient and delightful. We make to think, we prototype and test. We work from small to large screens. We build both category-leading apps, and seamlessly connected experiences across them.
We tell compelling emotional stories to open space for innovation, win new customers and take our existing customers along. We push boundaries constantly because we believe in the magic of bold ideas. And because it’s our responsibility to strive to be best-in-class. We owe it to our company, and our customers.
Security and Compliance are arguably the most significant concerns for enterprises today. M365 Security + Compliance Team has been building momentum in this space and has become a market leader in several categories. As part of our evolution, we are innovating at a rapid pace, designing new experiences that extend from the security professional to the consumer spaces. If you are curious and have a passion for complexity, come join our multidisciplinary team of designers and creatives who are transforming the workplace.
The M365 Security + Compliance Team is looking for a passionate and focused Content guru with a background in interaction. As we continue to expand our team, we're looking for a nimble leader who can contribute to our design team as well as our product, brand, and marketing partners in building consistent, relevant, and trustworthy experiences.
Our studios are large, open, spaces where designers, managers, and producers work collaboratively to craft experiences. We are big fans of sticky notes and design thinking. We take a systems design approach to our work. We partner with top-notch program managers, developers, producers, and researchers who strategize together on release dates, technological challenges, and customer feedback.
All design leads in M365 design studios must have a clear understanding of each phase of the design process: information architecture + interaction design, research + usability, rapid prototyping, visual + motion design, brand integration, and content creation. You will be expected to broaden your technical understanding as new technologies emerge, and you'll get the chance to apply it and your growing design expertise as roles in and across the studios evolve.
Strategy & Planning
- Understand strategic business goals to focus work around Objectives and Key Results
- Contribute to the evolution and growth of our brand voice and tone
- Inspire the creation of engaging and clear content aligned with our product strategy
- Teach partners to write platform-specific (apps, mobile web, desktop web) content
- Mobilize resources across functions to bridge a common goal
- Facilitate relationships between partners and localization team to ensure the experience translates
Delivery & Execution
- Grow Design’s toolkit by pioneering new practices and methodologies
- Work with UX/UR teams to build structure and produce content to meet the user needs
- Work alongside designers to create user-centered copy, messaging strategies, frameworks, and narratives
- Work in a team setting and engage in discussions to influence and gain buy-in
- Perform QA checks on the content before it goes live to the site
- Oversee timelines and deliverables, guide production, and communicate evolving project goals
- Review design proposals to ensure that efforts are aligned with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities
- Receive and prioritize incoming feature requests across assigned product areas
- Support a culture that balances user-centered design with supporting our business goals
- Comfortably lead and inspire other designers
- Provide guidance, oversight, and mentorship to the team
- Set expectations and help to promote a fun, highly collaborative team culture
- Attract, retain, and develop top talent
- Foster cross-functional collaboration (e.g., with Engineering and Product Management) to drive value
- Proactively identify and resolve impediments
- Experience building and leading product designers
- Excellent, highly creative communication and critical-thinking skills
- Deep knowledge of various design disciplines, with particular strength in UX
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, interaction, HCI, or related field.
- 5+ years of professional writing experience, with 3+ years writing web and mobile content
- 10+ years of user experience work required
- Must have strong communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of stakeholders
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Has a high level of proficiency in English and experience writing in plain English
- Solid understanding of cross platform design systems and technical frameworks
- Experience with Security space is a plus, but not a requirement
- Recent use and knowledge of Artificial Intelligence, a plus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.