|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about cloud computing, distributed systems and working on bleeding edge technology at massive scale? Are you excited about the opportunities to envision, build, and grow new cloud services from the ground up? Are you a rock star PM with great ideas and an obsession for customers?
The Azure Storage team delivers Virtual Disks for IaaS, Object Storage, NAS-in-the-cloud, and more. These capabilities form both our public Azure Storage platform, as well as the data foundation of service offerings across Microsoft. You can be part of a strategic team with Microsoft-wide and industry-wide impact.
We are looking for an energetic, and tech-savvy Senior Program Manager to help drive storage solutions for Azure customers. You will work closely with customers, other PM’s, Software Engineers, and Operations to define and build engineering solutions for meeting the strategic and secure customer requirements. Job responsibilities will involve:
- Understand customer scenarios and requirements, and analyze product capabilities to help define the right solution for the customer.
- Collaborate with the engineering teams to build a plan for product execution. Track progress and drive dependencies and issue resolution.
- Define infrastructure requirements, and work with all stakeholders to ensure infrastructure readiness.
- Collaborate with the customer, engineering and operations teams for incident management.
To succeed in this role, you should have:
- Strong technical background, with the ability to work directly with customers, engineering teams and operations
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking, with ability to identify new ways of looking at problems and identifying opportunities for innovation
- Excellent collaboration, communication and coordination skills with the ability to lead virtual teams through ambiguity
- 5+ years of professional technical program management experience
- 3+ years in cloud-based businesses
- BA/BS degree in computer science, engineering or related disciplines
- Strong background in Software Engineering principles and architecture design
- Masters Degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines
- Strong technical background and solid foundation in software engineering principles and architecture design. Knowledge of on-premises storage systems is a plus
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to lead and motivate a high-energy team
- Strong cross-team collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph). This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with full scope polygraph) clearance.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.