|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you a software engineer looking for a challenge and ready to make great user impact across WebXT, Office and Windows to create homepage and new tab page experiences for over 500M users and drive daily habit with users?
On the Start Experiences team, our goal is to help users build a daily habit as they start their online journey with contextual, personally relevant, engaging and highly performant homepage and new tab experiences. Our start Experiences in FY21 will focus on driving growth and engagement on Windows and Edge with homepage and new tab pages on desktop, mobile and Xbox, additional browser plug ins, super app homepage and our direct nav homepage experiences: Bing.com, MSN.com and Microsoftnews.com.
- Develop UX/API features that has direct impact on key business metrics and 500M+ users.
- Work with partner teams such as Edge, Content Services, Office and others to deliver coordinated value and services.
- Establish a positive and mutually supporting, inclusive team culture consistent with Microsoft cultural attributes, values, leadership principles and manager expectations
- Contribute to rigorous engineering processes to ensure service quality, predictable delivery of new capabilities, and continuously improving metrics.
- Create scalable solutions that can be applied for solving multiple scenarios across different partners and customer topologies.
- Help ensure live site health for the product.
- 5+ years as a software developer
- 2+ years of leadership experience
- BS/MS degree in CS or related engineering field
- Excellent problem-solving skills with a solid understanding of the entire software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment workflows and tools.
- Experience working on large-scale projects across divisions and landing complex but scalable architecture to meet agile business needs.
- The ability to work well in a diverse, global, team-focused environment.
- Previous experience with front-end programming (e.g, reactJS)
- Experience with any of the following engineering areas: scalability, compliance, performance, security, privacy, reliability, accessibility, localization/globalization.
- Proven ability to develop successful long-term code/service architectures.
- Excellent understanding of testing methodologies and practices
- Experience in Azure DevOps and working across teams with different working processes.
- Strong customer obsession to solve real user problems in enterprise search with ability topick best technical solution on behalf of Microsoft balancing local team considerations.
A systematic problem solver who quickly ramps up, understands complex problems, and creates solutions that cross many services
#fullstack# #ContentServices# #WebXT#