|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to enable millions of users to leverage the power of AI and natural language processing in their daily work? Are you excited about building a highly scalable multi-tenant enterprise grade AI service that will fuel the next wave of growth at Microsoft? The Power Virtual Agents (PVA) team is looking for an exceptional engineer who is passionate about our vision to make it simple & intuitive for enterprise customers to build, manage and deploy virtual agents without needing to rely on developers or AI experts - a multi-billion dollar opportunity for Microsoft. PVA is part of Citizen Application Platform (CAP) aka Power Platform. Power Platform is a single high productivity platform that spans Office 365, Dynamics 365 and standalone applications. Fundamentally democratizing business processes and empowering citizens to make smarter, faster decisions relying on Power apps, Power BI, Power Automate and now a new addition Power Virtual Agents.
We are a highly collaborative group, and everyone's ideas and contributions count. As a software engineer on the team, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of large-scale services and APIs. You will be accountable for the features from development to production, focusing on automated tests to enable continuous delivery at scale, with a quality first mindset. This is an agile, data-driven and fast-paced environment, where engineers are empowered to innovate and take ideas from concept to scale.
- Collaborate with partner teams to deliver end-to-end systems and experiences
- Investigate and prototype new technologies and frame works in Power Platform
- Design, implement, and test cloud service code
- Ensure availability, latency, scalability needs addressed by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Focus on operability of the service including security, privacy, resiliency, Business Continuity & disaster recovery
- Contribute to team-wide engineering investments
- Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services or systems
- Maintain an unwavering focus on Quality of Service. Execute with high accountability
- 2+ years of experience in software development using .Net (C#, Web API, REST)
- 2+ years of industry experience in service development, successfully shipping services through multiple releases
- 1+ years of experience with Azure or any cloud platforms, SQL, NoSQL or equivalent
- The ideal candidate is an experienced Software Development Engineer with a proven track record of delivering products
- Real-world experience developing large scale online services with robust performance, resiliency, telemetry and security
- Knowledge of UX software development using React, Redux
- Comfortable driving complex server & client architecture across large product teams
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work in a dynamic/agile environment
- A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
- Self-motivated and customer focused
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.