|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
Wireless Technology and Antenna Team Overview
We are looking for a senior Wireless Hardware Engineer to develop our next generation Wireless products. Our products require a high performance and miniaturized solutions for connectivity to unlock new capabilities and new scenarios across the globe. With a strong mix of technical breadth and depth, you will be one of innovative team leaders to collaborate with cross-functional discipline teams, to design, develop, and optimize the wireless platforms and drives the integration into the compelling products we deliver. The future is wireless.
- Responsible for Wireless system implementation throughout a product design cycle.
- Architect RF system designs to realize product wireless requirements, including but not limited to RF front-end, antenna design and integration, coexistence and desense design.
- Responsible for part selection, develop and review schematics, PCB layout and BOMs, integrate radio platform into products.
- Perform RF lineup analysis, analyze the design with simulation tools and models to verify its conformance to the design requirements and system integration, ensure a robust design that achieves end-product certification and performance requirements.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as ME, EE, SW, design verification, calibration and manufacturing test, Reliability, DFM, and other design disciplines to implement and optimize the RF/Antenna sub-system within the product from concept to mass production.
- Domestic/international travel to achieve program milestones.
- MS or PhD in RF/Antenna/Electromagnetics.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience designing, implementing, and shipping high-volume consumer electronics products with responsibility for the RF/Antenna sub-system.
- Understanding of core technologies that drive state of the art RF Wireless performance. Understanding of Digital Communication/Signal Processing, with previous experience and knowledge in various communications standards.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
- Familiar with regulatory (WiFi Alliance, FCC/CE, 3GPP, IEEE, etc.) and carrier certification requirements
- Hands-on experience with RF simulation tools (ADS, HFSS, Matlab) and measurement equipment (VNA, CMW/CMX, UXM). Coding skills for Test Equipment Automation.
- A high tolerance for ambiguity and change, drive for concrete actions and outcomes through active engagement and collaborations.
- Excellent written and verbal collaboration and communication skills.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills. Self-driven, open-minded with a strong growth mindset.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
This position requires access to information controlled under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the successful candidate must be a "U.S. person" : a natural person (a) who is a lawful permanent resident as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20); or (b) who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3); or
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.