|Job Type:||Full Time|
Files (and folders) are some of a handful of core computing human interface concepts that have survived – and thrived – over the last fifty years. We believe that they continue to be as relevant today as they have ever been, and that enabling our customers to engage with their files, wherever they are, is a critical capability for Microsoft to deliver.
A long the way, the digitization of photos and democratization of photography, particularly in the age of the modern smartphone, has continued to create new opportunities androbust experiences for each of us to experience more – whether reliving powerful memories, sharing them with the people we care about, or having the right tool, at the right time, to capture and use those capabilities.
We are hiring a PM Manager for our OneDriveMobile & Photosteam, responsible for creating essential growth for OneDrive with consumers, educational customers as well as businesses large and small. Keysto successencompass building deep empathy for our customers, facilitating partnerships across the company, from Microsoft Teams to Families, coaching and growing a stellar set of PMs, and providing clarity in strategy and purpose for our investments. Key areas of focusincludeour mobile apps, monetization efforts and photo scenarios.
We are looking for you to bringfreshperspective and your unique voice to our team!
We are excitedforyouto joinus andhelpwrite a new chapter for OneDrive. With opportunities in our coremobile& monetization experiences,as well as in thephotoscustomers entrust us with,we build across our partners such as Teams, Outlook and more,to deliver across the planet. We will continue to work at establishing clear hypotheses, experimenting on our opportunities, and delivering realchangethathasmeasurableimpact every day. In doing so, we will pair thoughtful empathy for our customers with a growth mindset in how we consider and approach each opportunity. We will hear every voice and continue to striveforbeing a data-driven team that keeps customers sharply in focus.
About OneDrive & Our Culture
We are a modern PM organization running product management for one of the largest business& consumerservices on the planet and the second biggest workload in Office 365. The team runs lean withhighspan of control among managers and more senior PMs thancompanyaverage, ensuringhighimpact from the PM team and a focus on product and customers. We have an awesome responsibility to our customers to help transform their content needs with Microsoft 365. We use data to organize our backlogs. We empower our industry leading design and user research teams toownthe user experience of our product. We take a direct role in framing our business value directly to our customers andvibrantcommunity of fans. Learn more about our team and culture at http://aka.ms/getsmart .
We are looking for an experienced PM Manager to manage a team of6-7product and user experience focused PMs. You will be responsible for managing the backlog of ~50 engineers and working with a team of designers. We are looking for a manager that establishes an inclusive culture and growth mindset. You will need to partner effectively with teams across Microsoft to design holistic solutions. This will require technical depth to ensure wemakegood tradeoffs among multiple technology options. Your expertise in creating performant, flexible experiences and build cross-team & division partnerships will be a key differentiator in this role. In addition to driving our OneDrivemobileexperiences, you will need to be a product leader on a number of efforts, able to represent the team and product as necessary, andensuringwe create and delivera coherentOneDrive experience.
- Overall accountability for the OneDrive consumer & commercialmobile apps, including active contribution to key usage and engagement metrics, such as MAU & WAU growth goals, customer satisfaction, such as Net Promoter Score, and monetization outcomes with best-in-class fundamentals.
- Drive ourcore photo investments, creating and consuming rich and robust surfaces both for our own use as well as with key partnership opportunities in producinga coherentfiles experience across Microsoft 365.
- Accountability for driving our monetization strategy and efforts, including customer experiences and partnerships across marketing, business planning,finance,and peer organizations in Microsoft 365.
- Lead key partnerships with a diverse set of organizations, helping customers have the best OneDrive experience they can.
- Grow talented PMs across all level bands and skillsets, improving and upgrading our talent as a team and creating the next generation of leaders.
- Partner with ODSP teams to continue to build out together a single, shared product that balances cost, opportunity and delivering customer success.
- Engage with customers, both directly & indirectly, in formal and informal opportunities from conferences like Ignite to calls with customers to connect directly with them.
- Partner across our engineering teams to build a shared understanding and help organize our work across teams and services.
- Partner with Design & Research, as well as your peers in PM acrossthe OneDrive teamto deliver a seamless end to end experience wherever someone uses OneDrive.
- Connect with key partners & influencers across the company as appropriate to help agitate for and drive theend to endcustomer experience for OneDrivemobile.
- 5+ years professional technical PM industry experience
- 5+ years management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related experience
- At least 2 shipped & delivered iterations of products to customers in market
- Track record of successful delivery from initial strategy to engineering requirements to audience/user adoption
- Self-starter with excellent communication skills (written & oral), and a strong background of influencing others, bias towards action
- Proven ability to collaborate across teams and across levels of management.
- Excellent People Management skills leading an exceptionally talented and creative team, experience in coaching and mentoring
- Proven ability to create a healthy team culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and collaboration
- Demonstrated interest and empathy for understanding customer scenarios and experiences
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.