|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft devices are redefining the way people see the world and how they get things done. This business is growing quickly and creating fans around the world. To ensure our customer have great experiences with our devices, we are reinventing the way we provide customer care services for Microsoft devices – Xbox, Hololens, Surface, Surface Hub, Audio and accessories.
This is a unique experience to be part of transforming the way we help customers and developing a new business. We are working across the company to rethink, reimagine and leap into a new world where the customer care we provide for our devices gives us a competitive advantage in the market. We want to hear, “I buy Microsoft devices because the buying & customer care experience are the best available in the industry.” We believe that with the right talent and innovative thinking, we can make this vision a reality.
The Microsoft CREW (Customer, Repair, Experience and Warranty) Readiness team’s goal is to launch the product road map and meet desired customer experience with optimal cost and efficiency and is looking for right candidate for the role of Program Manager, CREW Readiness. In this role candidate is accountable for setting CREW and Reverse Supply Chain readiness for product launch ensuring optimal Cost Per Repair and desired customer experience is archived. The Readiness PM is accountable for meeting the cost and quality targets through product lifecycle and is in key role in driving highly effective End of Life activities. Readiness PM leads large crossfunctional team having participation from Supply Chain, New Product Introduction, Development Teams, Finance, IT and other partnering teams based on product and customer experience needs.
- Lead readiness v-team as a part of concurrent product engineering process. Program Manage complex long term and dynamic projects and programs
- Document and maintain processes necessary to manage the business.
- Ensure desired CREW Experience and repair strategy will be ready, tested and deployed prior to product launch.
- Repair cost management per product through product lifecycle. Translate customer behavior, engineering decisions to financial implications.
- Build effective partnerships with other MSFT groups and drive end to end process efficiencies.
- Manage the implementation of repair and exchange vendors to ensure product readiness. The ideal candidate for this role will be a leader with a passion for excellence, a desire to do things right, who is excited about developing people and willing to take on hard challenges. This person must be driven by customer satisfaction, cost, understand the processes of the product engineering teams, as well as, retail and commercial environments. The ideal candidate will have passion for technology and the industry (e.g devices, gaming etc). We need to move fast, so this person must be highly motivated and good at making decisions to drive action.
- 5-10-year experience, a BA or Master’s degree in a Supply Chain, Engineering or Operations field and equivalent work experience. MBA is a plus.
- Proven ability to lead people and execute product programs effectively without strong direction
- Able to identify business challenges, develop solutions in consideration of multiple agendas and drive to completion
- Strong ability to collaborate with globally diverse stakeholders across engineering, marketing and Finance
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously while moving at the speed of our customers
- Clear decision making in ambiguous situations to maintain team progress and required pace of delivery
- PMI Certification a plus
- Lean Six Sigma Certification / experience a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.