|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you an experienced, customer-obsessed business leader? If so, this is your opportunity to assume a critical leadership role in the organization trusted to land the company's ambition to deliver a first-in-class customer experience. The Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) Chief of Staff is the leader of the CE&S Chief of Staff Office, accountable for leader/leadership team enablement, people enablement and business strategy and planning.
With over 13,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience & Success (CE&S) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of Microsoft’s end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects Microsoft’s ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customers’ expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CE&S organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
About the role – CE&S Chief of Staff
If you are a proven leader who embodies customer obsession, has strong cross-group collaboration skills, and drives for impact and influence at all levels of the company, then the Customer Experience & Success organization has an exciting opportunity for you. As Chief of Staff, you will work closely with the CE&S CVP and leadership team in driving the rhythm of the business, thinking holistically and strategically about key operational rhythms, business processes and procedures to enable effective business planning and execution. You will partner across the organization to design and land the CE&S operating model and culture activation plan, all the while keeping a pulse on the overall health of the organization.
This is an ideal role for someone passionate about Microsoft’s ability to drive customer impact, energized by continuous improvement and innovation, who would like to gain a broad and deep understanding of the operations of a large, complex, and rapidly growing business.
The Chief of Staff is a senior leader in the Customer Experience & Success organization who will have the opportunity to think strategically at a global level and work across a diverse set of senior leaders and stakeholders to enable business outcomes to be met. This position requires extensive cross-group coordination at all levels, excellent communication skills, and the ability to build rhythm of the business, compelling presentations, and comprehensive business review materials that span delivery, operations, and business teams. This role calls for a balance of leadership, influence skills, people management, and supportive individual contributions. You must be able to work well under pressure and deadlines and must be flexible, thriving in ambiguity and uncertainty. The Chief of Staff will provide the CE&S team with strategic thought leadership, business planning leadership, oversight, framing and recommendations on organizational challenges, participate in overall strategy discussions, lead key strategic initiatives, and facilitate business execution.
In this role, you will fulfill the following:
Leader and leadership team enablement:
- Operate and manage the Chief of Staff Office as a people manager.
- Develop and execute organization’s rhythm of business (ROB) process.
- Lead and manage the organization’s Leadership Team (LT) and staff meetings focused on clear outcomes.
- Drive preparation and achieve outcomes for leader meetings, presentations, field visits, and internal/external engagements.
- Represent the business in key stakeholder/customer engagements.
- Serve as proxy for leader as needed.
- Partner with Communications team to influence communication strategy and key messages.
- Partner with Transformation Management Office team to ensure governance and deliverables are achieved.
- Develop and cultivate cross organizational stakeholder relationships to amplify alignment with critical internal partners, i.e., engineering groups, sales, etc.
- Execute employee award and recognition programs.
- Drive employee engagement programs.
- Understand voice of the organization and employee pulse.
- Engage in and support employee listening programs to maximize employee in voice and increase employee listening and engagement – both directly and through the global communities of Enterprise Support.
- Create a diverse and inclusive culture focused on increasing diverse representation, retention, and improving inclusion.
Business Strategy & Planning:
- Develop and drive business strategic and annual strategic priority planning process.
- Track progress and drive completion of actions across business in alignment with LT commitments and long-range financial plans
- Ensure budget, resourcing, and LT capacity is aligned to top business priorities.
- 15+ years of professional experience in marketing, finance, or business management
- 4+ years of people management experience, building, developing, and retaining top professional talent, modeling diversity and inclusion behaviors.
- Professional experience in program and project management
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ Degree in Business, Engineering, Technology, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Engagement expertise: Storytelling skills and passion for delighting customers, advocating on their behalf, creating great customer experiences, and understanding the linkage between these experiences and business success.
- Global leadership at scale, influence without authority: Experience leading/navigating large cross-functional teams is a critical skill for success.
- Disruptive Innovation: Incremental change is the enemy of disruptive innovation. Comfortable challenging the status quo by proposing innovative approaches and believe the best way to dispute an approach is to suggest a different one. Realizes that the best solutions are built with others, not in competition with them. Brings demonstrated experience proposing, creating, and managing executive level proposals and presentations.
- Leading change that drives adoption: Experience with large-scale transformations and know that driving change is about bringing people and customers along on the journey, not telling them where to go.
- Critical thinking and strategic insight based on data: Knows that ego is no match for data, so data is the North Star. Will challenge assumptions and current practices with a data-driven approach.
- Business Acumen: The ability to understand the parts of the business and their interrelationships. This includes skill in understanding the industry, competition, and expected future developments and challenges, the business's competitive strengths and weaknesses, opportunities to grow the business and awareness of the environment for opportunities.
- Executive Relations: The ability to interact confidently with senior leaders of the organization to present/defend/clarify concerns or issues regarding an existing project, program, or solution. This includes the ability to confidently address difficult questions, handle push back from a high-level audience, and maintain an executive demeanor while engaging in difficult or sometimes high-pressure situations.
Location/Travel: You will be based in Pacific Northwest, near Microsoft HQ. You can expect limited global travel, less than 25%, contingent upon Covid-19 restrictions.
Join us and be one who empowers billions! That’s incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact on how people work and live all over the world.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.