|Location:||Bellevue, Washington, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The mission of the One Commercial Partner (OCP) organization is to accelerate Microsoft’s growth through its extensive and vibrant ecosystem of managed and unmanaged partners, while also guiding the definition of and establishing excellence in execution across the global OCP teams. To do this, OCP focuses its efforts around four core motions: Build-with, Technical, Go To Market (GTM), and Partner Co-sell.
As the General Manager (GM) of Partner Development-Surface, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your advanced skills in strategy and execution as well as people management skills to drive the acceleration of the Surface commercial business as part of the broader Modern Workplace.
The GM of Partner Development-Surface is responsible for creating and executing the overall Surface channel strategy in their territory across both distributor and reseller partners as well as other non-traditional partner types. The GM is responsible for managing a team of Partner Development Managers (PDMs) and possibly PCMMs, who manage individual partner organizations business, readiness and marketing plans. This leader will have overall ownership and accountability for the complete Surface portfolio channel sales strategy and results for the Surface commercial channel in their market.
- Consulting/coaching on sales/strategy value, Partner/channel/alliances, co-selling motions to develop the best standards and uphold them within the team
- Providing direct input to product teams around customer/market requirements and as necessary, field-adapted solutions, to meet the needs of customers and partners
- Implementing channel sales strategy for transformation and growth in key areas, aligned to Surface and Modern Workplace growth priorities
- Working with worldwide leadership team to ensure we have the best sales management and leadership, with strong selling capabilities.
- Liaison between the local sales team and Microsoft corporate headquarters. Representing commercial revenue during all quarterly briefings with key executives ensuring the business strategy is on track, escalating, inspecting and coaching required correction of errors when needed.
- Driving a culture of accountability, visibility, speed, responsiveness and global DNA/sharing between sales leadership, selling community and Microsoft leadership team.
- Understand and utilize the mix of technical and non-technical talent and skills on the team to support the Surface business.
- Working closely with the Surface BG Lead, Surface sellers across the customer segments and the OCP leadership team to build and execute a comprehensive strategy that drives Surface revenue and other business objectives (such as new customer adds, portfolio mix, modern deployment capabilities, etc.) while also building a healthy and profitable channel for Surface.
10+ years of experience in enterprise sales, partner management, or consulting services?
5+ years of experience of direct people management experience, second-line management preferred
- Experience wtih business & strategic leadership, problem solving, planning, organizing and coordination, cross-group vollaboration, executive maturity, people management
- Industry, channel, and competitive knowledge including market trends and best practices, products, and technical strategies, and proven cross-group project leadership and management skills.
- External, competitive, market-oriented Sales and Marketing expertise/proven experience
- Deep experience in sales, having sold to customers and developed long-term, sustainable relationships in the market working with and through partners.
- Proven experience growing a business while exceeding business requirements
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.