|Location:||San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
Are you insatiably curious? Do you embrace uncertainty, take risks, and learn quickly from your mistakes? Do you collaborate well with others, knowing that better solutions come from working together? Do you stand in awe of what humans dare to achieve, and are you motivated every day to empower others to achieve more through technology and innovation? Are you ready to join the team that is at the leading edge of Innovation at Microsoft?
To learn more about Microsoft’s mission, please visit: https://careers.microsoft.com/mission-culture . Check out all our products at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us
The Azure Data & AI Specialist Manager is a senior leader within our enterprise sales organization. The Azure Data & AI Specialist Manager leads, develops and manages a team of high performing Azure Data & AI Specialists to drive solution opportunity revenue and market share by leveraging the Microsoft Data & AI solutions (on-premises software and Azure Data services) to meet their customers data modernization, analytics and IOT solution needs.
Primary accountabilities for this role include:
- Drive day to day business management striving for operational excellence
- Lead sellers to meetrevenue and consumption targets, through driving new business opportunities and engagements and leading technical solution demonstrations to win the technical decision
- Build a strong and active business network locally and globally with Microsoft stakeholders, partners and customers
- Develop a high-performing team by hiring diverse talent, prioritizing career development, leading by example
- Coach Seller’s with a "challenger mentality" by prompting Seller’s to engage early and lead with new insights on how to grow the customers’ business.
- Bring together Microsoft solutions with Partner solutions, to deliver value to our customers
- Engage local and global partners proactively to accelerate delivery to our customers
- Build credibilityas a domain `thought-leader’ representing Microsoft in all engagements
- Build and transform new markets and identify and lead transformational shifts in our customers
- Lead from the front, personally engaging at CxO level to support and coach teams on opportunity discovery and acceleration
- Drive cross-team collaboration in Microsoft, to bring the best that Microsoft has to offer to all our customers
- 5+ years of experience selling enterprise software, preferably Data & AI
- 3+ years of experience managing a sales team (matrix management or direct management), direct management preferred.
- Record of exceeding team quotas
- Management of large-scale, complex deal cycles at Fortune 1000 accounts.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.