Service Engineering Fall Co-op Positions
Please note: Your application will be considered for all of our open college positions in our US locations.
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL . We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented Service Engineer to join our team specializing in Engineering for our Corporate Business in Columbus, IN and/or your remote home office.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
This dual product/customer focused position acts as technical liaison between the Cummins field service organization and the Engineering, Quality, & Manufacturing organizations to proactively identify, define, and prioritize product issues and to implement both short-term and long-term solutions.
- Investigates product test system and process problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
- Applies and supports product problem solving processes such as the seven-step problem solving approach and tools such as the product development roadmap to enable high-quality repair events.
- Prepares the service channel for efficient service events, confirming that parts and special tools are available, service information (including diagnostics) is accurate and translated, and special care is ready for customers of new products.
- Collaborates with technical experts in the area of failure analysis and data trends to implement final product resolutions to reduce customer downtime.
- Manages large-scale development or issue resolution projects.
- Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
- Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
- Involves minimal direct management of people but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
- Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a work group and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Field Investigation and Support
- Technical Service Information
- Product Serviceability Requirements and Review
- Product Failure Reporting and Corrective/Preventive Action Systems
- Product Failure Mode Avoidance
- Product Problem Solving
- Technical Customer Management
- Decision Quality
- Drives Results
- Communicates Effectively