|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission.
Microsoft Advertising empowers the largest advertisers around the world to reach their maximum potential through paid digital marketing on the Microsoft Advertising platform. Microsoft Advertising offers a compelling portfolio of advertising products, innovative solutions and the opportunity to engage with some of the brightest minds in the digital industry. Microsoft Advertising is the destination for experienced, collaborative, and passionate digital advertising professionals seeking a rewarding career and lifestyle. We are seeking top performing engineers who exhibit passion to deliver great customer service, build strong team and partner relationships, and inform/execute technical solutions.
The Technical Account Manager (TAM) is a customer-facing role who is a creative technical expert and problem solver with superb customer relationship skills. They are able to translate complex technical requirements into consumable action plans, create innovative, scalable solution designs, and execute software development responsibilties on time and with quality. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated ability to engage in discussions with senior level technology decision makers to establish business value, and land technical solutions. The TAM will cultivate, deepen and sustain long-term relationships with Microsoft’s key strategic customers (Fortune 500 & 100), technical decision makers, advertising sellers, and partners. The TAM will develop a deep understanding of their needs and business strategy to effectively influence and execute services / solutions aligned with demand plans and product roadmaps.
The TAM leads the design, build, and testing of solutions to challenging technical problems to enable and grow customer implementations on the Microsoft Advertising Platform. As a TAM you are an integrated member of a cross-functional, customer-facing team that comprises advertising sellers, platform engineering, business leaders, and global technical support. Your role as the trusted technical advisor requires a customer-centric focus and excellent technical knowledge, communication, and organizational and relationship management. You will share your deep and broad technical expertise of Microsoft products, identify and recommend solutions in pre-sale technical consultations with customers, and work with customers, sellers, and engineering to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of Microsoft Advertising solutions. You will collaborate with our advertising platform development engineering team, share knowledge, evangelise best practices, use your trouble-shooting skills, and be an effective advocate for our customers and partners. You will also be a member of a Global Engineering Team focused on delivering results, working collaboratively to deliver customer success, and committed to personal and team development.
- Builds and nurtures long-term relationships with customers/partners and internal teams as a partner and technical advisor who leverages relationships to drive influence.
- Demonstrates trusted technical advisor status with clients, sales team, and partners through deep understanding of the Microsoft Advertising Platform, expert executions, and knowledge of evolving technologies.
- Participates in conversations with customers and technical Decision Makers on renewing/growing contracts by articulating technical value propositions, creating vision, and driving customer satisfaction.
- Participates in account delivery reviews with customers to share technical insights on the account.
- Evangelizes Microsoft Advertising Platform and product offerings with customers, partners and technical communities.
- Acts as a voice of the customer to share insights, best practices, and advocate for customer needs.
- Develops deep relationships with key customer IT decision makers and influences them to become Microsoft Advertising advocates to drive long-term consumption within their company.
- Establishes relationships with MSA clients by understanding their integration needs and coordinating with client technical leadership.
- Understands customer's overall online advertising business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions.
- Participates in external communities (e.g., speaking events, blogs, user groups) to demonstrate technical leadership for Microsoft Advertising.
- Applies technical knowledge and customer insights to create a Microsoft technology roadmap and architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources and infusing strategic Microsoft Advertising platform capability.
- Leads the selection and development of technologies and tools to enable clients solutions and internal assets.
- Maintains and advances deep technical skills and knowledge, keeping up to date with market trends and competitive insights, and shares expertise within the technical community.
- Informs and documents technical initiatives resulting from client planning, trends, implementations and learned best practices.
- Develops a deep understanding of Microsoft Advertising platform capabilities and client-specific implementations driving usage.
- Proactively leads innovation of new technologies or services aligned to business objectives as identified by leadership; obtains relevant accreditations and certification(s) as advised by leadership team.
- Acts as SME and escalation point for technical issues and integration architecture; provides technical guidance to clients and partners.
- Contributes to the development/renewal of support contracts by defining technical dependencies based on expertise and industry experience (e.g., documenting next steps); participates in contracting discussions and provides input on potential obstacles and implications.
- Proactively participates in Services Delivery Planning to include Managed Intellectual Property (MIP) and increased efficiencies with the account team and other team members to provide technical input.
- Interfaces with customers alongside area/Account-Aligned team and peers to understand customers'/partners' business needs; contributes business and technical insights to translate business needs into technical requirements and create vision for future business impact.
- Establishs relationships with Microsoft Advertising clients by understanding their integration needs and coordinating with client technical leadership.
- Creates and delivers highly technical project presentations, outlining performance issues, sharing best practices and training various levels of business and technical audiences.
- Conducts regular service meetings designed to build trust, demonstrate product enhancements, present supportability and strategy product plans, and discuss technical opportunities.
- Guides other team members to focus on customer/partner experience through efficient delivery; assists with recovery from customer/partner dissatisfaction as needed. Builds recovery plan in collaboration with account team and analyzes customer satisfaction across other engagements.
- Mentors a team of technical specialists, fostering learning, advocating certifications, adoption of new technology, and software development process and standards.
- Performs maintenance of integration solutions, including troubleshooting, code development, testing, and release management.
- Contributes to the continuous improvement of Technical Solutions standards, methodology, and process. (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions).
- Interfaces with customers/partners and team members (e.g., Customer Services and Support, Technical Account Manager) and advises customers/partners to operate and optimize performance issues; collaborates with team members and escalates issues as needed. Anticipates customer issues and implements monitoring tools to prevent future issues and support customer issues in troubleshooting, collaborating with other groups (e.g., Customer Services and Support).
- Leads creation of workshops or knowledge transfer for customers/partners; guides team members in providing contracted proactive services across domains. Contributes to IP creation and updates by proactively identifying gaps through delivery and communicating those gaps to others (e.g., Leadership, Advanced Services Delivery).
- Executes delivery excellence through compliance by facilitating improvements related to adherence of established processes and supporting organizational priorities through compliance; Models compliance and represents the Microsoft
- Values and the One Microsoft culture; Complies with requests in audits, investigations, and other compliance processes & controls and help on remediation actions. Be proactive in identifying risks inherent to your role and escalate concerns.
- Partners with sales team, client, and internal/external partners to define technical implementation delivery outcomes that incorporate Microsoft Advertising Product Feature Priorities (including inncubation products such as Microsoft Audience Network (MSAN)) to optimize client campaign performance.
- Influences and informs sellers and partners across Microsoft Advertising (Advertiser account management, Agency PSEs, Technology Partner PSEs, Channel Partner PSEs and Supply Partners) with technical guidance, a focus on implementation approaches, and technological perspectives for client engagements.
- Accelerates business impact through new product implementations, Identifying and sharing solutions, and implementing technical advances that improve scale and efficiency.
- Cultivates and maintains productive and collaborative partnership with Microsoft Advertising platform engineering team to share client insights, influence product roadmap, and advocate to close the loop on customer pain points.
- Acts as voice of customer to share feedback and examples/numbers impacting user experience, client success and effective implementations to influence product roadmap.
- Highlights systemic issues and trends to identify platform and product enhancements with engineering, team and business.
- Identifies opportunities and proposes qualified changes to Platform engineering; leads roadmap for team and participates in initiatives at the global level (e.g., virtual teams, Support Area/Global Readiness).
- Creates quality technical specs that meet engineering requirements, proposes enhancements to improve user and partner experience, improve efficency and scale solutions.
Minimum required education, work experiences, and skills: (Refer to Technical Requirements section below)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or mathematics, IT, Business or related technology field
- 6+ years of client facing experience in managing critical technical issues or software engineer managing integrations with customer systems
- 6+ years experience in IT consulting / support, systems administration, network operations, software development / support, or related field
- 5+ years experience in software development OR 7+ years experience in Tier 3 technical support role
- 3+ years working with development technologies including Java, .Net, XML, REST, OAuth, XML, JSON and SOAP.
- 3+ years experience working with APIs designing and consuming REST API endpoints with a framework.
- 3+ years experience with software development best practices, including source code management, functional and unit testing, documentation, etc.
- Intuitive understanding of the intersection between customer objectives, core technology capabilities/interfaces, and integration middleware.
- Ability to create technical client plans and provide accurate work estimates while juggling mulitple tasks and projects with detail.
- Polished communication skills: face-to-face, on the phone, and in writing - must be able to listen carefully to customers and guide them towards the optimal solution.
- Excellent troubleshooting, problem solving, debugging, documentation, and communication skills.
- Adherence to quality, accuracy and stated policy standards.
- Self-Motivated to identify, solve and, drive for results.
- Collaborative and positive team member
- Customer-focused, anticipating, timely responding to and resolving customer needs.
- Equivalent technical experience
Required Core Job Requirements:
- Must possess strong English language skills (speaking, reading, writing, presenting) and ability to give instructions and directions, document, present and communicate complex technical issues to both technical experts and non-technical audiences at all levels within organizations.
- Occasional night and weekend on-call work.
- Microsoft Certifications: MCSE, Cloud certification (e.g., Azure, Office 365, Amazon Web Services)
- Technical Certifications: MS.NET Framework, Azure, DB Admin, Power Platform, Development Methodology
- Project Management Certifications: PMP or other
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.