|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Redmond, Washington|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Devices business is a key focus area for Microsoft, combining an extensive portfolio of first party personal computing devices and strategies to grow the broader ecosystem. If you are passionate about a high-growth, high-opportunity business and thrive in developing strategies and business models, we have an opportunity for you!
The Devices Business Desk is a critical function in Devices Finance and plays a pivotal role in the fast-growing Commercial Business by sitting at the forefront of complex and/or strategic Commercial deals. We are chartered with developing frameworks and executing against them to get our product into the hands of Commercial customers around the world.
We are currently hiring for a Director to lead this function. This leader plays a pivotal role in the culture and growth of our people and our business.
Core responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead a global team of highly capable people with exceptional and inclusive people management capabilities. Foster culture of “Model, Coach, and Care.” Recruit, develop, and retain a high performing team.
- Oversee execution of $B+ complex / strategic Commercial deals. Provide guidance, coaching, and recommendations while focusing on growth and profitability.
- Develop and land discounting frameworks and waterfalls.
- Overhaul systems & tooling to scale to support growing business. Build and enforce compliance and controls for authorized use of concessions.
- Develop, land, and support empowerment model levels to dictate process and escalations flow.
- Build reporting and analytics for data-driven decision making.
- Provide thought leadership to influence sales strategies and initiatives that align to Microsoft priorities.
Partner closely across several key functions – field sellers, Global Black Belt specialists, marketing, business planning, and finance.
- 10+ years of demonstrated work experience in finance, pricing, business planning, strategy or business desk.
- Proven management and leadership capabilities.
- Exceptional business judgment. Courage to share opinions and influence decisions.
- Passion and skill for problem solving. Ability to turn deep business insights into actionable plans.
- Excellent listening and proficient oral & written communication.
- Ability to act as trusted advisor and partner to senior leaders. Executive maturity and balanced self-awareness.
- Passion for great work and demonstrated drive.
- BA/BS degree required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.