|Job Type:||Full Time|
To delight our customers in a Cloud First world, Microsoft Azure cloud business delivers highly available online services with cutting edge features and innovative functionality lighting up on a regular basis. Availability, reliability, and performance are all key differentiators that customers demand and expect in cloud services when choosing a provider.
A major factor in the quality, as experienced by our customers, is the quality of the infrastructure that is running the cloud. Azure cloud services infrastructure (CSI) is a fast growing R&D organization that designs, engineers and qualifies the entire cloud-optimized infrastructure, including advanced Compute and Storage server technology that push the technological.
Our team, within CSI, drives the hardware validation lifecycle and is accountable for the quality experience of our cloud customers. Our goal is to exceed customer expectations in every aspect related to infrastructure quality. Therefore, we invest heavily in automating the validation processes, from the inception and throughout the entire h/w lifecycle. We invest in systems that continuously monitor the hardware quality in production, predict hardware failures, detect behavioral anomalies and mitigate issues before they impact customers. Our mission is to ensure a consistent high quality of production hardware through automation and smart engineering that can scale as fast as the cloud business grows.
The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent development skills and collaboration and experience with distributed systems. Hardware experience is a plus. We offer a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment is where you can make a real impact on millions of end users. This is also a unique opportunity to work with world-class engineers. Apply now for this unique green field opportunity!
- Obsession about customer experience
- Design, develop and deliver software that measures and improves the quality of Azure Hardware that exceeds customer expectations
- Identify and fix or drive fixes for systemic issue
- Collaborate with hardware architects to determine end to end verifications
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- CS Degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- 3+ years development experience, outstanding coding and design skills
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for end-to-end project lifecycle
- Knowledge and working experience in data mining, statistics, mathematics is a plus
- Capable of technical deep dives into service design, operating systems, networking and storage
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.