|Location:||San Francisco, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Who We Are
Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT and our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, and sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware and software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, and AI to operations across various industries. Samsara’s fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, and London. Our team has raised $930M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, Dragoneer, AllianceBernstein Holding LP, Franklin Templeton, General Atlantic, Sands Capital Management and Warburg Pincus LLC.
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
About the Role
We are seeking a creative and operationally minded Senior Customer Advocacy Program Manager to build and drive a best-in-class customer advocacy program. This includes launching a Customer Advisory Council, driving the next phase of Samsara’s Customer Reference Program, developing a scaled database of customer stories, and more. This position is an opportunity to build a foundational, next generation program to drive advocacy, loyalty, and retention with Samsara’s key customers and across our growing bases of 20K+ customers.
In this role, you will:
- Launch and lead a Customer Advisory Council: Build a robust Customer Advisory Council and associated programs from scratch; work with Customer Success and Product to develop authentic customer relationships with executive and C-level customers, architect council structure and lead value-add council meetings and events, act as the customer liaison to Samsara teams and, ultimately, own and fostering a strategic community of advocates.
- Expand Customer Reference Program: Scale our existing Customer Reference Program through the use of data, automation, and improved workflows; optimize and run our customer advocate database, system, and workflows, build new workflows and channels to better identify, recruit, track, and enable advocates to share their stories via reviews, reference calls, referrals, and content, and partner with Sales, Product, and Marketing to drive reference program adoption and impact.
- Drive key customer references for priority GTM initiatives: Identify and match key customer stories with priority opportunities such as press, events, and product partnerships to enable Marketing, Product, and Sales.
- Build and maintain a customer story library: Partner with internal teams to build and maintain a robust, user-friendly internal customer story library to power stakeholders including Communications, Field Marketing, and Sales.
- Build initial customer engagement and community programs: Work with Customer Success, Marketing, and Product to develop initial customer communities and find new ways to engage and reward advocates at scale.
- Develop and execute new programs and campaigns to meet the needs of the business: Lead and execute various new campaigns and programs to support Customer Success and GTM teams to meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Measure program effectiveness: Analyze program performance and independently optimize to improve efficacy and drive adoption.
An ideal candidate has:
- 5-8+ years of experience in customer advocacy, customer marketing, and/or marketing program management
- Consistent record of setting up, defining, and driving cross-functional programs independently in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding project management and organizational skills with an ability to prioritize amidst many moving pieces and complete tasks with high quality and on-deadline; often viewed as an “operator” by peers and management
- Adaptable and solution-oriented with a desire to work in a evolving, fast-paced environment
- A passion for serving and partnering with customers
- Mastery of ‘no fluff’ customer storytelling
- Strong leadership and influencer skill set; ability to quickly get to the heart of a problem and mobilize the right people to solve it
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, strong empathy and interpersonal skills to develop authentic relationships
- Attention to detail and a commitment to exceptional work are part of your personal philosophy
- Executive presence, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Results driven with analytical chops to measure the effectiveness of advocacy programs
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year institution
Working at Samsara has its perks: for all full-time global employees, we provide private medical and dental insurance plus growth and development opportunities, as well as regular virtual team and company events. In the US we offer flexible vacation time, EMEA employees receive 25 vacation days plus national bank holidays. Post-COVID we’ll be back in our global offices with numerous in-office perks.
With the spread of COVID-19, Samsara's global offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing. Employees are also able to work from countries and states where Samsara is a registered entity through June 2021. All employees are expected to return to our offices when they reopen with the exception of field-based and fully remote roles.
If you have any questions or concerns before applying, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.