|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a Global Remote Datacenter Services (GRDS) Datacenter Project Manager, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
#COICareers #Buildthecloud #ChangetheWorld #WeSeeYou #RepresentationMatters
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day.
As a successful GRDS Datacenter Project Manager, your day-to-day work will include:
- Creating, planning, managing, and communicating end-to-end IT equipment deployment or decommission project plans with stakeholders and teams globally
- Performing day-to-day IT equipment deployment or decommission project check-ins, reporting, and updates to manage project timelines and maintain world-class quality
- Requesting space and power resources within Datacenter facilities for use in supporting IT equipment deployment projects across multiple and disparate facilities globally
- Procuring components, consumables, and other physical resources or elements applicable to IT equipment deployment projects
- Identifying risks, gaps, and opportunities and communicating to stakeholders or other teams to drive resolution
- Develop positive working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Gathering and providing feedback on lessons learned, best practices, and innovations on process/procedures and tools to improve efficiencies and productivity
- At least three years of experience supporting IT equipment or related technology
- At least two years of experience supporting production datacenter IT operations
- At least one year of project management experience in IT technical fields
- Flexibility to work non-business hours that may include weekends and/or holidays
- University or technical College degree or certification(s) in Computer Science, Math, Telecommunications, Datacenter Management or equivalent work experience.
- Applicable certifications: CDCP, CompTIA, PMI, Six Sigma (Project Management related), Telecommunications, or Datacenter Management
- Working knowledge of physical Enterprise-class IT infrastructures (e.g. Servers, SANs, Networking, etc.)
- Basic working knowledge of Critical Environments (CE) infrastructures (e.g. UPS, Generator, AHU, etc.)
- Experience with standard rack mountable infrastructures and cabling systems
- Ability to read and process Enterprise-class networking design documents and knowledge of relevant terminology
- Relentless attention to detail amid ambiguity and complexity
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with datacenter-hosting vendors and lessors globally
- Certification in, or experience with ITIL v4 Foundations and related concepts
- Fluency in multiple spoken languages
- Previous experience with interacting with global and virtual teams remotely
*Work Location Flexible anywhere in the continental U.S*
Background Check Requirements:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.