|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions.
We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have an exciting opportunity for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire, and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
CSEO’s End User Services Engineering (EUSE) organization aims at creating a highly productive work environment for all end users by pivoting everything around end-to-end experiences, upholding a diverse and inclusive environment. The Employee eXperience Insights, eXi, is the data team providing analytics and insights to evolve these user experiences.
Are you a data driven and, customer focused technical Program Manager? Do you want to play a pivotal and leading role in transforming the user digital experiences on Microsoft products and services using the power of data? Do you want to play a crucial role as the first & best customer and influence the user experience across Microsoft products such as Windows Office, Teams, and SharePoint?
Bring your data and program management expertise and help build a Data and Insights Platform!
This position plays a crucial role in identifying requirements and transforming them into functional design for software engineering development. This includes end-to-end planning, designing, scoping, managing, and delivering key capabilities for Microsoft data systems. Your outside-in viewpoint, drive for results, operational excellence, and cross-team collaboration will be critical to your success as you identify opportunities and trade-offs, balance priorities across user, business and technical needs, facilitate decisions considering diverse perspectives, communicate with diverse audiences, and most importantly, extract actional insights and knowledge from data.
In this position, you will envision and deliver data solutions that impact thousands of users. This is a highly collaborative role, working with engineering teams, business stakeholders, and end users globally. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide data analysis to gain insights into solution effectiveness and user experiences, identify opportunities to improve the products and services, and measure the effectiveness of these improvements.
- Drive data strategy, analysis and execution, in collaboration with data science & insight teams, and with other related domain areas to leverage, integrate and align insights and measurement across partner teams and investment areas.
- Continuously refine the vision and roadmap of the platform based on lessons learned, evolving industry trends, new technologies, and new Microsoft product offerings.
- Articulate the vision, strategy, and adoption status with senior leaders across Microsoft to gain support and commitment to invest in bringing the strategy to life.
- Build and foster strong relationships and deliver across a broad set of dependencies inside and outside of IT and Microsoft.
- Conduct competitive analysis and proactively research evolving technology trends and investigate and seek out new opportunities to advance the vision and strategy.
- Contribute to Showcase materials and customer engagements to drive adoption of Microsoft products.
- Collect and rationalize business goals, metrics and requirements by interacting with multiple business stakeholder groups.
- Synthesize requirements into scenarios and features for the data platform.
- Communicate and get feedback on those requirements collaborating closely with software engineers and service engineers.
- Drive the design and implementation of the data solutions.
- Collect and analyze user sentiment data to identify users’ needs to increase their productivity and satisfaction.
- Analyze telemetry and extract insights to measure the success of solutions and improve user experiences.
- Validate the implementation address the requirements.
- Coordinate user acceptance test and ensure feedback is addressed.
- Conduct usability testing with users of the data solutions.
- Increase adoption of usage of the data solutions.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- 6+ years of proven experience delivering business intelligence, data warehousing, or analytics solutions as a Technical Program Manager or data engineer role.
- 4+ years of experience using business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau.
- 4+ years of experience using SQL server or similar platforms.
- Experience managing dependencies across multiple complex projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related sciences, or equivalent work experience
- Passion for the user experience, including end users and IT Pros.
- Ability to think strategically to envision future enterprise technology needs.
- Highly determined with a creative and solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Collaborative style that can drive impact through influence in a virtual team environment.
- Focuses on quality and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced services environment.
- Ability to drive large, complex programs and solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Experience to AI or Machine Learning models.
- Experience with Agile and/or Continuous Delivery practices.
- Experience with Azure technology stack.
- Ability to reverse engineer business rules through reading code.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.