|Location:||Atlanta, Georgia, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Dallas, Texas, Redmond, Washington, United States|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be part of a team driving improvements within the Microsoft Consulting Services organization resulting in better customer and employee experiences?
The Project Management Office (PMO) Principal Project Manager is part of Delivery Excellence Services (DES) group in the Business Excellence and Operations (BEO) organization. This role is pivotal for executing on the delivery excellence strategy and for successfully enabling the field with delivery process and tool improvements. This role requires a highly collaborative person with strong program management experience, understanding of the consulting services delivery and project management disciplines, and the ability to successfully influence in a highly matrixed environment. Partnering with your peers (PMO team in the US, Methods Program Managers, Strategic Program Landing Leads and Tools Project Managers), representing cross-functional disciplines, the team will plan and deliver complex consulting delivery management process and tool improvements, drive complex behavioral change by planning and executing change management strategies driving operational efficiencies, improving bottom line and assuring delivery quality leading to a stronger business portfolio and happy customers.
Microsoft Consulting Services’ role is to Make the Market. To do so, our 6,000+ global team members inspire our customers, evolve what and how we sell integrated solutions, transform delivery across technology Domains as well as within the accounts where we deliver, and simplify operations.
Microsoft Consulting Services continues to be the key differentiator in accelerating a customer’s transformation ensuring they get the most out of their technology investments.
- Frameworks and Standards:
- Improve existing DES Process to adjust to the changing needs of the DES teams.
- Enhance current Project Web Apps (PWA) instance and implement and land any new tools for DES Programs and Project Schedule and RAID Log Management.
- Work with DES Engineering team to implement DES Program Portfolio and Project Delivery Management.
- Plan and monitor Delivery Excellence Services Programs and Projects
- Ensure that all DES programs adhere to the DES Process.
- Monitoring of UserVoice and process intake into OWL (One Worklist and Landing System)
- Prioritization and Disposition of new projects in OWL with DES Leadership Team
- New Project Concept and Schedule development with Methods Program Manager
- Collection of Status from Program/Project Owners
- Maintain and manage DES Programs and Projects Risks, Actions, Issues and Decisions (RAID) log
- Facilitate daily standup/SCRUM meetings as required with DES Program Teams for enabling progress
- Help remove blockers by facilitating discussions as required with stakeholders
- Maintain, manage and communicate project scope and schedule changes
- Communicate and Report on Delivery Excellence Services Programs and Projects
- Maintain and Report weekly on DES Programs Roadmap, Project Status, Progress, Next Steps, Issues/Risks, and Management Ask
- Orchestrate and facilitate monthly DES Programs debrief for Services Quality Assurance (SQA) team – presented by Program/Project owners
- Orchestrate and facilitate monthly DES Programs debrief for DES team – presented by Program/Project owners
- Manage and track DES Programs escalations from internal and external stakeholders
- Develop DES Programs Roadmap and Status communication packet for external stakeholder reporting
- Prioritize, execute and report status on DES improvement programs from DES PMO program backlog
- Orchestrate and facilitate weekly operational decision making (concept and design approvals) and prioritization meeting with DES LT
Key Success Criteria and Competencies required
- Demonstrated ability to manage a broad portfolio of diverse and cross-functional programs, projects and initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with technical and business leaders at all levels within large enterprises.
- Influencing stakeholders to achieve impact through collaboration, presence and strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Strategic thinking with the proven capability to contribute and execute a delivery strategy that resulted in quality delivery outcome
- Experience with diverse services business (Consulting, Premier and Offshore) functions is a definite plus
- PMI® credentials in PMP®, CSM®/ PgMP® and knowledge of CMMi / ISO 9001 / TQM / Six Sigma processes is a plus
- Prosci®, or other Change Management qualification is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification in computer science, operations, business administration, or equivalent years of experience
- 7+ years of program or project management experience in IT, operations or business
- Ability to develop a strong understanding of the Microsoft Services organization and operations at all levels
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.