|Job Type:||Full Time|
Come and join Amplify Govern & Protect team where we thrive on data to investigate and solve high impact threats to our Modern support platform! We enable data driven decisions by converting data into insights that enhance threat protection policies and improve business performance by building trust.
We partner closely with Engineering, M365 Security and Trust teams, to prevent, detect, assess threats that impact our support platform. We also respond swiftly to security and privacy incidents in a holistic manner applying learnings to harden our systems. Our work requires regular collaboration with our partner teams as well as technical expertise to mine big datasets and discover key insights that help drive security, privacy related investigations and insights.
To support this mission, we are looking for a Data Scientist/Analyst who has a passion for analyzing big data to uncover anomalous usage insights and driving those insights into actions with our security and privacy champs.
The ideal candidate should be self-directed, passionate about data, a sleuthing spirit, focused on delivering the right results that help identify and stop internal threats. The candidate should be able to understand and apply a breadth of tools, data sources and analytical techniques to answer a wide range of high-impact investigative questions and present the insights in a concise and effective manner. Experience partnering with data science to design and develop business metrics, build out data dashboards that tell our story and informs of the impacts our actions have on securing our platform.
Technical aptitude and programming skills are necessary in this role. The candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Build a holistic dashboard of our detection monitoring and investigations results
- Analyze complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques
- Develop analytical data sets in Azure or internal Big Data Environments which can be used to for analytics and data science
- Understand policy performance (trends, funnels) as well as answer trending questions on monitored threat behaviors
- Build and maintain learning plans for potential new policies that can be applied to protect against further threats
- Leverage industry best practices in establishing repeatable BI practices, principles & processes
- Partner with Data Scientists within Amplify to develop deep insights into threat protections and communicate those to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- Report out monthly communications on imact, trending and go forward planning
- Unique mix of technical, development, project and program management skills
- Ability to understand, translate and map security threats and prevention policies into analysis projects
- Expertise in database technology with solid understanding and hands-on skills with SQL Server
- Experience building large scale data sets in Azure
- Proficiency in advanced Excel functions (e.g., creating formulas, pivot tables) and PowerBI
- Proficiency in Python programming language
- Ability to influence diverse audiences and build strong partnerships with stakeholders
- Strong ability to articulate vision, requirements & benefits, providing a solid rationale to business and technical partners
- Self-motivated, agile and driven to think out-of-the-box
- Curious in nature, ability to look for solutions and get creative in applying threat protection
- 5+ years relevant experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.