|Job Type:||Full Time|
Software Development Engineer
What if your job description were simply “Make tomorrow better?” That’s the essence of roles within our Bing Team. Every day, we bring an insatiable curiosity to the table, challenging ourselves to reimagine what is and what can be. We build on what’s come before to create what’s next. We drive machine intelligence. We help shape the future. We empower billions of people around the globe. Online Advertising is one of the fastest growing businesses on the Internet today, with about $70 billion of a $600 billion advertising market already online. Search engines, web publishers, major ad networks, and ad exchanges are now serving billions of ad impressions per day and generating terabytes of user events data every day. The rapid growth of online advertising has created enormous opportunities as well as technical challenges that demand computational intelligence. Computational Advertising has emerged as a new interdisciplinary field that involves information retrieval, machine learning, data mining, statistics, operations research, and micro-economics, to solve challenging problems that arise in online advertising. One of the most important challenge for Advertisers is to reach right audience in right time.
Microsoft is innovating rapidly in this space to grow its share of this market by providing the advertising industry with the state-of-the-art online advertising platform, service and AI Powered intelligence. Bing Ads Marketplace and Serving (MPS) team is at the core of this effort, responsible for research & development of all the algorithmic and platform components in our advertising technology stack, including:
- Audience Modeling and Understanding and Analytics
- Content and Intent Understanding
- Personalization and Recommendations Service
- Marketplace mechanism design and optimization, and whole-page experience optimization
- Rich and innovative Ad products that add relevant and personalized information
- Advertising metrics and measurement, including relevance and ad campaign effectiveness
- Demand Supply Forecasting
- A/B Testing (Experimentation) infrastructure including tools for configuring and launching experiments, dashboard, live marketplace monitoring and diagnosis.
We heavily use the recent advances in cloud computing infrastructure to harness huge volume of data for solving many of the above-mentioned problems. The MPS team is a world-class R&D team of passionate and talented engineers and scientists who aspire to solve challenging problems and turn innovative ideas into high-quality products and services that can help hundreds of millions of users and advertisers, and directly impact our business. We are looking for passionate software engineers to build large scale systems and platforms for handling millions of requests per seconds, near real time pipelines for Audience/Content Understanding and developing new Ad and Analytics Products using Spark Streaming, Azure, Redis, Dockers and Kubernetes and other cutting edge technologies. The candidate will engage in high potential projects grounded in applications to improve our products and work closely with data scientists to enable fast experimentations to improve monetization. You will be responsible for taking product from conception to finishing touches.
Skills & Qualifications:
- BS/MS/PhD degree in CS or related areas with 1+ years of relevant experience
- Experience and knowledge of Streaming Platforms like Storm, Spark Streaming, Kafka
- Excellent Problem Solving and System Design Skills
- Experience working with Big Data Systems like Hadoop, Spark
- Passionate, self-motivated
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong Data Structures, Algorithm fundamentals
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.