|Job Type:||Full Time|
Senior Technical Product Manager, Mobile Development
Consumer Sales and Marketing Engineering is the direct engineering team for the technologies powering Microsoft Store’s digital presence, the worldwide Microsoft Experience Centers, and the related Microsoft Consumer business. We are the engineering team whose platforms and tools enable our stores to be the public face of Microsoft online and in-person, where every individual, community, and business can directly experience all that is possible with Microsoft.
Within our engineering team, we have an exciting role available for an experienced technical product & program manager to help transform our business across web and brick & mortar experiences. On web & mobile, we want to move to the next generation of commerce technologies & platforms that enable Customers to experience the best content, achieve the highest levels of shopper confidence, and learn & grow through an empowering community. In our physical Microsoft Experience Centers worldwide, we want to bring the Microsoft brand to life with engaging and interactive experiences, and support customers through community offerings and 1:1 help.
This Senior Technical Product Manager role on our team will play an integral part in delivering mobile-first app experiences across iOS, Android, and web for Microsoft Store and the Microsoft Experience Centers. Your ability to simplify the complex and partner across organizational boundaries will be the key to delivering on our ambitious semester plans and business objectives.
The successful candidate will bring a mix of business and technical depth, has experience driving customer-facing products at scale, and understands how to lead highly collaborative and matrixed initiatives.
As a senior technical product manager on our team, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and owning the product & feature roadmap, and managing activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through the product lifecycle. You will serve as the central pivot point with Software Engineering, Research & Design, Creative & Marketing, business leaders and field sales associates, as the product moves from ideation to production and usage.
- Define future product vision & direction, business goals in the form of Objectives & Key Results, and metrics in alignment with our business commitments across a long-range roadmap and by partnering closely with peers.
- Define functional requirements by leveraging industry & user research, data gathering and analysis, hypothesis testing through experimentation (A/B, wireframe prototypes, PoC’s, etc.), and actively seeking out user feedback early in the planning process as well as throughout product lifecycle.
- Author one-pagers, functional specifications and contribute to technical specifications, leading collaboration across Research, Design, PM, Business, and Engineering to coalesce data, insights, feedback, decisions, and plans into crisply articulated product development documentation.
- Define, track and report on the execution of product milestones & deliverables relative to KPI targets, while identifying and mitigating product risks/dependencies throughout delivery.
- Partner with complementary product engineering teams, align on joint roadmaps & dependency contracts, and influence partner feature backlogs based on Microsoft Store business needs.
- Manage solution and feature launches, inclusive of user change management, readiness, and communications to ensure adoption & usage, and minimize negative disruption of internal users.
- Develop relationships and cultivate an active community of end-users (internal/external) and business stakeholders to understand their needs and engage them through the product lifecycle.
- Represent product vision, plans, and execution against product lifecycle milestones with key stakeholders, leaders, executives, and at industry forums.
- 6+ years of experience in product development, technical product management, technical program management, user research, user experience design, software engineering, or related field.
- BA/BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in delivering customer-facing consumer products at large scale.
- Experience and strong enthusiasm for iOS and Android mobile app development, react native web development, and mobile experiences.
- Ability to self-direct and work independently, with an eagerness to consistently meet and exceed commitments/objectives and take ownership of complex problems.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.