|Location:||Mountain View, California|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our tech moves beyond screens and pixels, creating a new reality aimed at bringing us closer together—whether that’s scientists “meeting” on the surface of a virtual Mars or some yet undreamt-of possibility. To get there, we’re incorporating groundbreaking technologies, from the revolutionary Holographic Processing Unit to computer vision, machine learning, human-computer interaction, and more.
We’re a growing team of talented engineers, program managers and artists putting technology on a human path across all Windows devices, including Microsoft HoloLens, the Internet of Things, phones, tablets, desktops, and Xbox. Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, previous work histories, life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our varied backgrounds and unique experiences enable us to be better at building the best solutions for our customers and make for dynamic and joyful collaborations with colleagues!
If you are passionate about groundbreaking Mixed Reality technology and want to work on a team dedicated to a culture of inclusion, growth mindset and collaboration, we need you!
We are looking for a highly motivated and seasoned Mechanical Engineer who enjoys bringing both technical and tactical expertise to cross-disciplinary teams and is excited about leading system-level and sub-system designs through fast-paced product development cycles. A strong mix of technical breadth and depth will allow you to work cross-functionally to tie mechanical assemblies, optics, electronics and software into compelling consumer experiences.
As a Mechanical Engineer you will be responsible for system design and verification/validation including (but not limited to):
- System level and sub-system design responsibilities in the development of concept explorations and technology investigations.
- Create evaluation models and systems to assess performance investigations for various technology components and product features.
- Interface across multiple disciplines (e.g. Program Management, Component Engineering, EE) in selection of components for detailed development.
- Interface directly with sub-system partners for design of and integration of technology components.
- Contribute to project planning for development schedules.
- The candidate must be willing and able to travel (domestic and international) to support design and manufacturing activities.
- 5+ years of experience in electro-mechanical product design.
- Experienced in designing for large volume production in a wide range of manufacturing processes (CNC, laser welding/drilling, Molding operations, Extrusion, lamination, printing/s, plating/s, etc.).
- Integration and development experience with mechanisms.
- Successful experience in meeting reliability requirements for mass production.
- Proven experience in applications with some or allof the following technology verticals: Displays, Batteries, Antennas, Acoustics.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- BSME/MSME - combination with Material Science (Polymers, Metals, Composites).
- Proficient in ProE Creo/SolidWorks. CFD/FEA packages a plus.
- Background in Metrology tools and failure analysis.
- Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.