|Job Type:||Full Time|
In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Senior Program Manager for Accessibility in our datacenters worldwide.
Microsoft’s Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Datacenter, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
- Field Operations Advocate: Be the voice of the Field to identify opportunities and streamline reporting processes to communicate Accessibility and Ergonomics improvements in datacenters worldwide.
- Accessibility Evangelism: Collaborate with Employee Resource Groups (ERG) to create awareness for events, programs, and other resources for Accessibility.
- Improve the Vision and Strategy: Review existing Accessibility and Ergonomics vision and strategy and adjust as needed to lead the datacenter industry in these spaces.
- Cross Team Collaboration: Work closely with partner teams across CO+I who will have work streams contributing to the Accessibility and Ergonomics effort for datacenters.
- Execute on the Strategy: Provide program management leadership to partner teams. Develop a roadmap of prioritized deliverables and ensure the partner teams’ work streams are on schedule to hit the communicated milestones.
- Drive Global Compliance: Ensure Accessibility considerations are reviewed at a local, regional, and national level for compliance purposes.
- Continuous Improvement: Continually search for opportunities to empower autonomous navigation of the datacenters space.
- Communicating Ideas: Drive clarity by writing one-pagers, requirements documents, presentations, and status reports to keep CO+I leadership and partner teams on the same page.
- 7+ years of Program Management, Product Management, or equivalent experience.
- Previous Accessibility or Industrial Ergonomics experience preferred. Familiarity with ADA standards is a Plus.
- Proven track record of outstanding program management, organization and interpersonal skills demonstrated by cross group delivery.
- Strong problem solving, judgment, decision making and strategic capabilities, complemented with innate curiosity to understand underlying details and a bias for action in solving.
- Growth mindset and experience with meeting customer’s needs.
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) with demonstrated customer and partner empathy.
- Self-motivating and able to work across business groups in isolation, think critically and act decisively.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
#COICareers #Buildthecloud #ChangetheWorld #WeSeeYou #RepresentationMatters
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.