|Job Type:||Full Time|
Are you passionate about privacy? Do you want to measurably improve the value customer’s gain from using Microsoft’s products & services? At Microsoft, we believe privacy is a fundamental human right. Microsoft’s Windows and Devices Privacy team is responsible for some of the Company’s largest and most important offerings, including Windows 10, Edge, HoloLens, Surface and more. The Windows and Devices Privacy team works with engineering teams to promote transparency and end user choice
over the use of their personal information and defines division-wide processes for incorporating privacy into the product development cycle and engineering system.
We are searching for a Principal PM to help drive some of our major initiatives to innovate on our privacy experiences. The right person has a passion for deeply understanding customer needs, protecting customer rights, and enabling the business through scalable processes while working with teams across the company.
- Understand the competitive landscape and provide innovative ideas to help evolve our privacy experiences
- Assist teams in all phases of implementation as a subject matter expert
- Propose new features and functionality to improve end user privacy and data protection
- Partnering with cross-company teams as a subject matter expert
- Conduct technical deep-dive reviews to evaluate features to mitigate privacy risk.
- Evangelize privacy principles including better integration in the development cycle
- Execute on the broader privacy plan and strategy for Windows
- 7+ years of technical and/or feature program management or project management
- Bachelor and/or graduate degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field
- 2+ years privacy review experience
- Attention to detail and willingness to dive into technical details on features to deliver privacy requirements and innovations
- Outstanding cross-group collaboration skills and proven ability to drive initiatives across organizations
- Solid project management and reporting experience
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.