|Job Type:||Full Time|
Microsoft Cloud Hardware Infrastructure Engineering (CHIE) is the team behind Microsoft’s expanding Cloud Infrastructure and responsible for powering Microsoft’s “Intelligent Cloud” mission. CHIE delivers the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's over 200 online businesses including Bing, MSN, Office 365, Xbox Live, Skype, OneDrive and the Microsoft Azure platform globally with our server and data center infrastructure, security and compliance, operations, globalization, and manageability solutions. Our focus is on smart growth, high efficiency, and delivering a trusted experience to customers and partners worldwide and we are looking for passionate, high energy engineers to help achieve that mission.
As Microsoft's cloud business continues to grow the ability to deploy new offerings and HW infrastructure on time, in high volume with high quality and lowest cost is of paramount importance. To achieve this goal, the Cloud Hardware Manufacturing Engineering (CHME) team is instrumental in defining and delivering operational measures of success for hardware manufacturing, improving the planning process, quality, delivery, scale and sustainability related to Microsoft cloud hardware. We are looking for seasoned engineers with a strong passion for customer focused solutions, insight and industry knowledge to envision and implement future technical solutions that will manage and optimize the Cloud infrastructure.
We are looking for a Manufacturing Test Engineer to join the team.
- As a Manufacturing Test Engineer, you will develop and sustain test hardware and software to support the verification of product functionality following the assembly process of PCBAs, storage enclosures, and racked assemblies within the ODM & Contract Manufacturer sites.
- Architect mfg test methodologies, develop test framework/content, and deploy the test solutions in support of PCBA product development.
- Develop, validate and implement scalable test strategy and methodology for server and rack level testing at CM integration sites.
- Work with customers and component vendors to determine best of breed test methodologies for current and upcoming server technology.
- Develop and maintain core product test content and requirements
- Work on root cause remediation with regards to systemic hardware and firmware issues found during manufacturing test.
- Interface with internal reliability and qualification teams to drive parity between test coverage from reliability and qualification to manufacturing.
- Develop metrics and algorithms to automate detection of hardware quality issues.
- Monitor weekly production yield data for test and product issues while implementing continuous test enhancements to ensure quality of product
- Able to take on difficult challenges and communicate across organizational boundaries.
- Develops and maintains documentations on process and procedures within MTE team and with its internal/ external partners.
- Understands and monitors CM capacity and capability constraints against forecast, collaborates with material teams to ensure continuity of supply.
- Bachelors or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related fields.
- 5+ years of work experience in enterprise computer, consumer electronics design or hyperscale supply chain systems. Experience with server products is a plus.
- 5+ years’ experience in ICT and/or Functional Test technical manufacturing facilities or at contract manufacturing site with high-volume production as a Mfg Test Engineer.
- Experience troubleshooting with engineering team on build related issues with test systems and storage enclosure products.
- Engineering basic knowledge: mechanical, electrical, software.
- Working knowledge of computer subsystems, component interfaces, add-on boards, electronic test equipment.
- 5+ years’ experience of Python, Java, C++, Golang, and/ or other Scripting languages
- FW/BIOS coding experience
- Software development engineer experience in SQL, C#, C++ or Python
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.