|Location:||Elkridge, Maryland, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Do you want to be at the heart of cloud computing? Azure Compute is the core of our cloud platform and is growing incredibly fast. We
build fault tolerant distributed systems on top of commodity datacenter hardware, to deliver an infrastructure for hosting customer
applications. The platform provides millions of virtual machines for customers to run their workload in thecloud. We are a globally available
foundational service that hosts other high scale services like Bing/Skype/SQL as well hosting millions of multiplayer gaming sessions
andallowsolving large computational problems in seconds.
We have numerous exciting opportunities across different areas to grow the capabilities and scale of our platform by orders of magnitude.
The engineers have opportunity to do deep distributed systems engineering and operations while also being able to influence scenarios
and work with customers. We work at a fast pace with a focus on shipping early and iterating. Our team fosters collaborative environment
and builds upon each other’s ideas, to deliver world-class customer value at a rapid pace. We empower engineers to deliver creative
solutions through bottoms-up innovation. This is a fun environment and a great opportunity to work on something highly strategic to
Microsoft and extremely relevant in the industry. We are looking for strong developers who have a penchant to learn and utilize their broad
skill sets to produce great customer impact. If you love solving challenging problems, writing high quality code, worry about all the edge
cases, we want to talk to you. If you have experience designing and implementing large scale distributed, highly available services, that
would be a huge plus. Join the Azure Compute team and contribute to the backbone of Microsoft Cloud. Help us innovate and grow the
Job responsibilities: In the team, our day to day job involves working on some of the toughest and coolest
distributed challenges like:
Troubleshoot complex, cloud-scale services, working across teams to meet SLAs for some our
Automate and improve our processes to avoid manual intervention.
Build highly reliable distributed compute systems which supports low latency/high throughput
Build highly available computing services: 99.99%.
Supports customer and other Azure services (PaaS and SaaS) and with highly available computing
Integrate and deliver key features for Azure host and guest OSs
A successful candidate will have:
- BS/MS in Computer Science (or equivalent industry experience)
- Solid CS fundamentals, fluent in multi-threaded, asynchronous programming, strong
inclination for architecting at scale
- 3+ years of software reliability engineering or operations
- 1+ years of software development using C#, C++, Java, Python, or other languages.
- 3+ years of scripting and automating solutions using Bash, Python, Ruby, or other languages.
- 1+ year engineering, consulting, systems or IT experience
- Strong knowledge of web based services and technologies, such as REST, OAuth, and PKI.
- Demonstrated problem solving, coding and debugging skills
- Ability to debug and optimize code, and automate routine tasks
- Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming would be a plus
- Experience building and operating scalable distributed systems would be a huge plus
- Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills.
Good written and oral communication skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements
include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Candidates must have an active TS and be willing to upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph) or have an active TS/SCI and be willing to
upgrade to TS/SCI (with polygraph).
- This role will require candidates to maintain the TS/SCI (with polygraph) clearance. - Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This
position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.