|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Microsoft is transitioning to a cloud first world. Microsoft Core Service Engineering is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions aligning to this strategy on a global scale for Microsoft’s customers, partners, and our employees. We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Group Program Manager to lead the future roadmap and charter for our Go-to-market strategy with solutions and products in the SAP on Azure portfolio. Our vision is “SAP on Azure is renowned as the best way to run SAP”. As part of that endeavor we are working with Azure, our Sales and Marketing Partner teams to build services for our Azure customers who run SAP workloads and thereby influence Enterprise customers running SAP workloads to adopt Azure as their number 1 choice.
Do you want to work on a system, running in Azure, that processes all of Microsoft’s revenue ($100B) as well as help drive Go to Market sales to our customers of more than $250M a year? As the program manager in this space, you will be responsible for creating the pipeline of opportunities that would go into our backlog for GTM Motions, executing on current GTM charter and measuring progress against the targets for our GTM offerings including working on adoption of the same by Enterprise customers.
We are a data-driven team with a clear focus on our customers and their needs. This role will lead the key initiatives around SAP on Azure GTM motions. You will collaborate closely with our stakeholders, customers, partners and end users to design and deliver world class experiences that help them manage cost, quality, and enterprise scale workloads.
Finally, our desire is to create a blueprint for the industry on how to be the best-run SAP workloads and on Azure. Come transform the way Microsoft is running SAP and use those learnings to help transform the industry.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing teams and Azure customer experience, other engineering teams to gather requirements to develop solutions. Must have a strong focus on the end-to-end customer experience.
- Be data-driven and keep customer as the most important dimension while planning new capabilities.
- Leverage Microsoft, SAP technologies to build world class, innovative solutions.
- Work with partner teams for capacity planning, defining service requirements, and designing end-to-end platform capabilities and features.
- Create solutions with GTM in mind which caters to Microsoft requirements and is also useful for other customers.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- 15 years' minimum experience in Program Management, System Implementation, Process Analysis, and/or Enterprise-level Services/Systems.
- 5 years' minimum experience people management.
- Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals and statistical concepts
- Good understanding of enterprise grade applications in terms of resilience, scale
- Excellent communication skills and desire to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Sound judgment, decision-making skills, and ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Demonstrable passion for continuous applied learning & development
- Strong creative thinking and problem-solving skills with the ability to deal with ambiguity without stalling progress
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.