|Job Type:||Full Time|
Mission critical, high availability, and resiliency have a very special meaning in Azure Global. Many of our public sector customers rely on Azure to host mission critical workloads with life and safety implications. Emergency services dispatching, public healthcare, and critical services delivery are among the many solution pillars requiring special architectural considerations.
Citizen Services is a team within Azure Global dedicated to meeting the needs of Azure’s most demanding customers. We pursue big ideas that power transformational advances in Azure on behalf of mission critical public sector customers. We are industry experts, engineers, strategists, and customer advocates. Our customers have only the highest expectations and our work is critical to defending and growing Microsoft’s market presence in the public sector.
As a Senior Program Manager in Citizen Services, you will be part of a team that delivers new capabilities which support mission critical public sector verticals such as Public Safety & Justice, Healthcare, Defense, and Transportation. You will work with customers and adjacent Microsoft teams to understand their pain points, help them articulate their aspirations, and implement features and solutions to enable them. You will collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to ensure security and compliance, reliability, user experience and efficiency. All while delivering new, outcome focused capabilities.
Do you want to be an agent of change for public sector technology? If so, this is your opportunity to innovate, influence, transform, and inspire!
- Strong track record of effective, outcome focused cross team collaboration
- 5+ years of technical program management experience or equivalent
- Ability to understand customer needs, manage intake and prioritization with business and partners, coordinate work, project planning and execution.
- Proven understanding of cloud computing architecture, cloud adoption and migration, and operational process management
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Software Design, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Strong competency in Azure services, architecture patterns, and implementation
- Public sector experience in a mission critical arena such as public safety
- Strong understanding and experience in public sector procurement process
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country