|Job Type:||Full Time|
Xamarin Tools SWE II Job Description
Smartphones are part of our everyday lives: keeping us connected to our friends and family, getting us to our meetings on time, or just making us smile as we play the latest amazing games on them. To win the hearts and minds of the developers of apps for those platforms, it’s vital for Microsoft to present versatile cross-platform development solutions, freeing those developers from having to duplicate their work across multiple development machines.
TheXamarinToolsfor Visual Studioteam is focused onenabling developers to buildcross-platform mobile apps. Our workonVisual Studio, and Visual Studio for Mac,empower developersto build engaging and performant applications forApple iOS and Google Android, as well as Microsoft mobile devices.
Our engineers are distributed across several different cities and countries. We’re proud of our diversity and are continually engaged in improving the experiences for our customers – whomever they may be, and wherever they may live and work – as well as improving the experiences of our colleagues across Microsoft.We are an agile team, working with both open- and closed-source codebases, teaming up with our ProgramManagementcounterparts and our user community to define the best path forward for innovation andfeaturedevelopment. We value data, respect its privacy, and look to understand the behavior of our software in the real world.We have a strong growth mindset and a dedication to respect, diversity, and inclusion, holding ourselves accountable to these tenetswith the goal ofcreatinga work environment in which each team member can grow a rewarding career at Microsoft.
As an engineer on the team, you can expect a fast pace, diverse work, and good camaraderie with your fellow engineers. This is measured with realistic expectations for workhours, and deliverables; we’re building a team for continued and long-term success. We emphasize the Team and collaboration,believingthat our best work comes when we partner with others to achieve common goals. We strive to build consensus and empower all our team members to contribute towards these goals.
Here’s a brief sample of the work you can expect as a member of this team:
- Participate in team meetings, such as daily standups, sprint planning and retrospectives, etc.
- Design, develop and test new features, as well as fix bugs in our code base.
- Implement code instrumentation, collect telemetry, and analyze the data to understand the behavior of our code base in the real world.
- Engage with customers through Developer Community issues as well as through forums and other mechanisms.
- Continued focus and improvements across anumberquality tenets, such as accessibility, globalization/localization, performance, security, etc.
- 3+ years of experience programming and unit testing commercial software in one of the following programming languages – C++, C#,Java.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong empathy for customers and persistent drive to learn from them.
- Detail oriented design, coding, debugging and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and efficiently collaborate with partners to deliver outstanding results.
- Experience in using telemetry for data driven development.
- Willingness to deep dive in technology and the ability to zoom out to frame the big picture.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.