|Job Type:||Full Time|
The Azure Compute Platform team has an opening for an experienced, energetic, and friendly Business Administrator to assist with the support of the VP of Engineering and their team.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, a team player, have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. They will also possess the ability to work effectively under pressure, within short time constraints and have an aptitude to work independently without significant oversight or instruction to achieve results with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Having consistent and timely follow through will be essential to success in this role. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential as is the ability to manage highly sensitive and/or personal matters with tact and the utmost confidentiality.
Key priorities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively manage a VP calendar, making decisions on their behalf for calendar requests based on shifting business priorities to ensure appropriate allocation of time.
- Manage domestic and international travel logistics and trip preparation as needed.
- Coordinate team & calendar events across a global organization factoring in a multitude of logistical necessities.
- Expense and budget report processing as assigned.
- Partner with support staff across the organization to ensure consistent experiences.
- Coordinate catering, venue selection, and logistics for internal events, off sites, morale events, team all hands meetings, and celebration events.
- Manage and maintain CPlat security groups and distribution lists.
- Procurement of office supplies and equipment for team and new hires.
- Partner on headcount management and new employee onboarding.
- Assist with space management and processing of facilities requests.
- Exude a level of professionalism that exemplifies Microsoft’s values through Respect, Integrity, and Accountability.
- 3+ years of demonstrated work experience supporting senior leaders in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and following through on issues in a timely manner.
- Exercise sound judgment, tact, integrity, and professionalism in all transactions which includes communicating and working with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Sharp eye for detail, meet deadlines and be comfortable working independently.
- Proficiency with Microsoft productivity software including Outlook, and all Office suite programs.
- Excellent skills in all aspects of planning, collaboration, analytical capabilities, and high level of attention to detail and proactive awareness.
- Demonstrated skill of shifting approach in response to the demands of a changing situation.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, navigate uncertain situations, and drive for clarity.
- Consistently demonstrate a can-do customer service attitude.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.