|Job Type:||Full Time|
Core Services Engineering (CSE) builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers and partners, while helping Microsoft employees work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, customer advocates, and innovators. As an organization, we succeed through a rich blend of deep technical and business expertise, fueled by an obsession for empowering our customers.
We are End User Services Engineering (EUSE), a critical component of the CSE organization. We enable Microsoft employees, customers, and partners to be the most creative, innovative and productive in the world by transforming how we work and collaborate across physical and digital experiences. EUSE reach is expansive and impactful, including:
- Frictionless Devices: enabling rich, dependable, and disruption-free experiences in device set-up and use.
- Digitally Assisted Workday: advancing productivity, creativity, collaboration, knowledge, and search.
- Seamless Teamwork: enabling productive and aligned teams as they engage in empowered, self-service collaboration.
- Digital Workplace: delivering intelligent facilities, immersive services, remote everything capabilities.
- User Enablement: supporting user engagement, local application and change management, and data services across Microsoft subsidiaries.
- Intelligent Support: envisioning intuitive support experience with self-healing and AI agents.
EUSE is on the cutting edge of the employee experience, envisioning and driving a new paradigm for how employees communicate, collaborate, interact with their devices and surroundings, ask for support, and much more. It’s an exciting time to be part of this forward-thinking team, leading the evolution of our work experiences as we move into a new hybrid work future.
YOU: An innovative marketing and communications professional committed to effective and inspirational storytelling that lifts employees and customers alike. A strategic thinker with the proven ability to weave technical and non-technical messaging into human-centric, modern and connected stories that showcase Microsoft’s Digital Transformation and the EUSE specific contribution across multiple geos and mediums. You have the demonstrated ability to think strategically about an organization's brand and reputation and understand that to land content effectively, you must connect emotionally across multiple audience types. You are a naturally inquisitive experimenter who thrives in new mediums like visual storytelling, podcasts, and new channels to evangelize the unique aspects of, and enhance the reach of, key stories. You amplify global storytelling by using data and insights and featuring local customers. You are a writer first and foremost and believe in the power of plain language to communicate. You thrive on creating solutions that help people and have a passion for making technology simpler and friendlier.
THE ROLE: We are looking for an experienced communications professional and savvy storyteller to build and drive a comprehensive internal and external communications and PR strategy/execution plan that helps employees unlock next-level productivity and both inspires and educates customers and partners globally. In this role, you will lead our EUSE story-telling vision, defining and delivering content that resonates with internal and external audiences. You will define a modern and connected strategy to land content supporting the modern employee experience and amplifying the impact of Microsoft’s productivity solutions across multiple innovative mediums. You will partner with internal EUSE/CSE teams and Product Groups alike to enable this cohesive and connected communications strategy. You will also work closely with the EUSE leadership team to define and prioritize key messaging.
Additionally, you will be responsible for the creation and execution of the overall EUSE communications strategy and messaging framework, and VP leader internal and external communications support. This role will involve partnership with multiple stakeholders, and you must be a strong team player, a self-starter, strategic thinker and highly adaptable.
Location/Travel: You'll be based in Redmond, WA, at Microsoft HQ. You can expect travel to be less than 25%.
- Lead, create and execute the EUSE internal and external story telling vision, strategy, and overall plan.
- Work with world-class engineering and business teams to create compelling, energy-generating content supporting key strategic messages and highlighting EUSE’s vision to enable Microsoft employees, customers, and partners to be the most creative, innovative, and productive in the world by transforming how we work and collaborate across physical and digital experiences.
- Envision and drive communications related experiments to test out new ideas and formulate innovative communications solutions.
- Help build effective channels, strategies, media, and methods to reach different roles and geos across EUSE.
- Establish listening channels to gather feedback and metrics to evaluate communications efficacy.
- Build a communications library of stories and presentation materials using a multi-model approach.
- Develop a clear and engaging rhythm of communication stemming from the overall EUSE communication plan.
- Develop and support a multi-channel communications plan and messaging framework for the EUSE leadership team.
- Provide executive communication support including, employee communications, internal & external communications, key messages, presentations, meetings, and profile development.
- Deliver executive-level work products including scripts, speeches, videos, and social media amplification plans.
- Collaborate with the Office of the CDO to align strategic story telling opportunities and priorities.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English, Writing, Communications, Business, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
- 7 years' minimum experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Technical Writing, Business Management, or Journalism.
- An available portfolio of writing samples demonstrating your communications and storytelling strength.
- Outstanding verbal, written and visual communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate complex technical/non-technical issues and deliver compelling information to both internal and external audiences.
- Passion for communications, creativity and storytelling, including utilization of new channels, strategies, multimedia and other tools are effective to inform and engage people.
- Proven track record in developing communication plans with technical/engineering partners and landing key messages for diverse internal and external audiences at all levels.
- Advanced organizational skills, cross-organizational collaboration, and examples of balancing competing projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- High interpersonal awareness, ability to impact and influence, and behaving with both a customer-obsessed mindset, while maintaining a team-first attitude.
- The ability to manage multiple communications projects simultaneously and drive strong, inclusive work-back plans.
- Experience supporting senior leaders through executive level presentations, speeches, social media content, and customer engagements.
- Experience developing listening systems (via social media platforms or other) and measuring the impact and effectiveness of communications, adjusting communications plans, as necessary.
- Eye for graphic design and multi-media creative content.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills, particularly PowerPoint and Teams.
- MBA or advanced degree.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.